Cert renewal & sudden health problem

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa2512

Well it seems like the bollock it up gods are out to get me 😁

My cert is due renewal, all filled in and ready to go,  so off I go to work Monday... and have a headache,.  

Turns out it's not headache I've had a stroke 😣 so I'm waiting in the hospital and the feo calls

To remind me my certificate is due . 😀

Luckily it's only affects my speech all other bits are ok 

I guess this has got to go on my application    will it affect my renewal??

: 🎅

Well it seems like the bollock it up gods are out to get me 😁

My cert is due renewal, all filled in and ready to go,  so off I go to work Monday... and have a headache,.  

Turns out it's not headache I've had a stroke 😣 so I'm waiting in the hospital and the feo calls

To remind me my certificate is due . 😀

Luckily it's only affects my speech all other bits are ok 

I guess this has got to go on my application    will it affect my renewal??

Firstly thank God you are still with us. I wish you the best as you recover Mart.  We know they ask about our health etc but that doesn't mean you won't get your renewal.  We are under an obligation in any event even if we have our licences to inform them of changes of health and circumstances.  I am sure it will be fine.

Cheers Sian,

The results have come back the bleed was tiny so no major effects , MRI this afternoon on my neck again if that is ok I get released 😀

Good to hear man - take it easy. 

Health first, shooting second. 

A Friend had a massive stroke years ago and took some rehabilitation to get back to good health. . Still shooting now. no probs with renewals. 

Speedy recovery. 

Jasper.

Cheers Sian,

The results have come back the bleed was tiny so no major effects , MRI this afternoon on my neck again if that is ok I get released 😀

Update,

now home, yay but feel like I've been sat on by an elephant, and kicked in the head by a cart horse,.  Need to send my stuff off to the feo today and see what happens,   too tired to do much else 

Sorry to hear this, BUT glad you are on the mend. My 2 minor strokes,  accounted for my deafness and thankfully nothing else too serious. I have had 2 renewals without problems, at least I think that is what they said  !    :fie:

Hi,

I spoke with MY FEO and told her what had happened,

She siad to put it on the renewal,  it shoudnt make any difference :)

just waitng  to hear for mr home visit and recheck

Still got aches and paims, but feell better

:🎅

Last edited by a moderator:
Just caught up with this thread, sorry to hear about this but good to hear you're on the mend  :thumbsup:

Firstly thank God you are still with us. I wish you the best as you recover Mart.  We know they ask about our health etc but that doesn't mean you won't get your renewal.  We are under an obligation in any event even if we have our licences to inform them of changes of health and circumstances.  I am sure it will be fine.
Yes, thank god your still alive.

I think that the police are more worried about Mental Health problems than physical ones
not so I am afraid  I declared cancer and it took a long time for renewal had to supply health documents several interviews and one officer came round with the thoughts that he would remove my guns, managed to talk him round so am still shooting    BEWARE

Latest posts

Back