NSS 18 - Interviews

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloyd Pattison

I shot a load of interviews at NSS18, so I thought I would put them in their own thread if that's ok with you lot?

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem - just added 'interviews' to the title so that it shows up better.... 

PS - promoted on FB/Twitter. 

I'll just listen to the shot hitting the bio clays. Even at the low end RRP they won't find a way in to my gun.

Heard rumours of somewhere inbetween 270 to 310 a thousand. Apparently they are hoping they are on par with the dark storm performance and price wise.
So overpriced by a mile then,hit the mega crosser at stand 11 EO with 200 pound a thou cartridges and it broke convincingly....people must  be mad!!

So overpriced by a mile then,hit the mega crosser at stand 11 EO with 200 pound a thou cartridges and it broke convincingly....people must  be mad!!
Yep, mad as a box of frogs. I'm not a fan of Eley. Gamebore Velocity plus for 90% of my shooting. Shoot a few pro pistons on really close and the odd parcours 6.5 or 7 for any really distance stuff. I broke 3 out of the 4 loopers on stand 8 at the english with 3/8 ths choke and a No 7 parcours a piece of cake.

Yep, mad as a box of frogs. I'm not a fan of Eley. Gamebore Velocity plus for 90% of my shooting. Shoot a few pro pistons on really close and the odd parcours 6.5 or 7 for any really distance stuff. I broke 3 out of the 4 loopers on stand 8 at the english with 3/8 ths choke and a No 7 parcours a piece of cake.
Can I ask why a pro piston and not just a fibre wad Velocity+

Can I ask why a pro piston and not just a fibre wad Velocity+
I did used to use fibres but there was a distinctive difference in the noise and confetti from pastic to fibre. If I had a plaswad in 1 barrel and fibre in the other it could be off putting when the fibre went off. The piston 9's produced excellent patterns a bit bigger than the normal plaswads 8 carts for close stuff and recoil and noise was identical.

I don't use any pistons when I practise or in normal registereds because of the price so only use them in big shoots when I want every clay i can get my hands on.

I did used to use fibres but there was a distinctive difference in the noise and confetti from pastic to fibre. If I had a plaswad in 1 barrel and fibre in the other it could be off putting when the fibre went off. The piston 9's produced excellent patterns a bit bigger than the normal plaswads 8 carts for close stuff and recoil and noise was identical.

I don't use any pistons when I practise or in normal registereds because of the price so only use them in big shoots when I want every clay i can get my hands on.
Fiocchi F3 Bior pretty much identical to Pro Piston but about 20% cheaper,love Hull cartridges just not the price!

On 5/15/2018 at 11:50 AM, Lloyd Pattison said:

I shot a load of interviews at NSS18, so I thought I would put them in their own thread if that's ok with you lot?

Shame that they apparently request more information than they are legally entitled to. There is absolutely no requirement for a applicant to provide the name and address of someone they shoot with ...  I’ve been asked this before on renewal and informed the FEO that  he was exceeding his remit and the scope of the legislation by requesting this info. 

Latest posts

Back