price of registered shoots...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kilbo Fraggins

Is it me but is the price of registered shoots starting to add up?

Paid £42 for reg at Southdown couple of weeks ago. Do a couple on a Sunday and with carts and travel your talking north of £150

Paid £42 for reg at Southdown couple of weeks ago. Do a couple on a Sunday and with carts and travel your talking north of £150
Was it a championship such as Intercounties or something similar because there is always a few quid that goes to the county.

To be honest down here I think I pay a bit less for my shooting eg  €3.50 for 25 UT targets and cartridges are a wee bit cheaper too... But when it comes to competitions I think you have a good deal. For a 100 UT comp my entry fee is €40 - 45 so somewhere around what you are paying but the targets are only €14 !

Usually an extra £2 levy for any type of county championships.

I heard that Auchterhouse in Scotland charged £48 for 10 stands of 10!!! I understand there is a £4 levie on every Scottish entry, but that doesn’t sound like good value to me!!!

It is normally 40 at Southdown was a 2 quid levy as a CPSA  regional championship bank holiday weekend and the Masters week before that, Easter Monday was the Greater London championships.

Bumped into an acquaintance from Scotland at the open and he was bemoaning the lack of Reg. shoots up there and the fact even the busy ones may not see a 100 entries....see his father regularly around shoots in the South he flies down for the weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard that Auchterhouse in Scotland charged £48 for 10 stands of 10!!! I understand there is a £4 levie on every Scottish entry, but that doesn’t sound like good value to me!!!

Depends on how much targets only is really. I am paying £40 for 100 UT... but the targets would only be a max of £17.50 but could be as cheap as £12.50 depending where the comp is held.

Decent reg sporting peters out pretty quickly North of Stafford. A few 100 sportings about but not registered although there are grounds that could very well put on some cracking shoots the North appears to be trap type disciplines. :(

Decent reg sporting peters out pretty quickly North of Stafford. A few 100 sportings about but not registered although there are grounds that could very well put on some cracking shoots the North appears to be trap type disciplines. :(
Eh, no!!! Have you been to Auldgirth, North Ayrshire, National Shooting Centre, Braidwood, Ardlethen or Hopetoun??? Some of the ones mentioned have topography that no Southern shoots have.

That's 'Independence'  for you eh  !       :rolleyes: :fie:
You do know we voted against Independence?!?!🤪

I blame the referee's. If they all gave up their sundays for free we could all shoot for £30 max. After all its only pushing a button out in the glorious sunshine.

That’s a slight exaggeration,if you drop the traps you get too many no birds,just roll em down the ramp.the most time consuming bit is making sure you don’t mix orange clays with black.

Eh, no!!! Have you been to Auldgirth, North Ayrshire, National Shooting Centre, Braidwood, Ardlethen or Hopetoun??? Some of the ones mentioned have topography that no Southern shoots have.

You do know we voted against Independence?!?!🤪
Auldgirth - 207 Miles , 3h35, ( £70 for a tank of fuel there and back )

National Shooting Centre - 270 miles , 4h45, tank and three quarters

Hopetoun - 288miles, 4h,55 -  two tanks

Ardlethen - 413 miles , 7h32, Might squeeze it on 2 1/2  tanks and a night in a B&B 

Much as I appreciate you staying with us, as a Scot, you will appreciate the folly of trying to drive 3 to 4 hours to shoot a hundred clays! 

I will concede however that there is a dearth of sporting clays across the upper mid section of the country. I moved up from Sussex where one could do 3 different sporting reg shoots on a Sunday ( if one was a maoschist ) 

:)   :)  

Next long weekend I will make a plan to tour one or two of those excellent facilities you have mentioned.

Latest posts

Back