World Sporting EJ Churchill

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perazman

Many moons ago I shot registered english sporting fairly regularly and reached AA before other priorities took over. 

I now consider myself a gameshooter foremost and a "tweedy" clay shooter second! I still enjoy clays with friends but reg no longer appeals although the World Sporting has caught my interest.

I have no wish to join the cpsa so wondered if any Churchill regulars know what the score is post competition? Will the course be available to be shot in the preceding weeks as a practise round? Would you have to book? Squadded?

It could be a fun trip for a few of us and interesting to see our scores versus the rest of the world!

PM.

Many moons ago I shot registered english sporting fairly regularly and reached AA before other priorities took over. 

I now consider myself a gameshooter foremost and a "tweedy" clay shooter second! I still enjoy clays with friends but reg no longer appeals although the World Sporting has caught my interest.

I have no wish to join the cpsa so wondered if any Churchill regulars know what the score is post competition? Will the course be available to be shot in the preceding weeks as a practise round? Would you have to book? Squadded?

It could be a fun trip for a few of us and interesting to see our scores versus the rest of the world!

PM.
I’m pretty sure no way will it be shot beforehand. In the past, there was some informal shooting afterwards, albeit not publicised perhaps. I suggest you email or call them and ask.

Apologies, I meant after the event not preceding! My mistake. I'm sure no one is allowed a sneaky practise beforehand!

I just wondered if Championship courses are kept running after events. I assumed many entrants may want to re-shoot the same stands. It could be quite lucrative for them.

I'll email them for details. 

Many thanks.

PM.

I asked the very same question of AGL for the English open course as i like the ground a lot and have shot there a few times..... but i have no desire to pay over the odds to "donate" to better shooters than myself over a course i would highly unlikely be competitive on in my class. 

Sadly not the case with AGL - maybe if Churchill's are doing it i will find the time to pop down. 

I know Hodnet have done it in the past "Re-Shoot the XXXXXXX" - no prizes etc - just shoot the targets taken round by a scorer. Great concept and i think your right a potential money earner for the club.

I asked the very same question of AGL for the English open course as i like the ground a lot and have shot there a few times..... but i have no desire to pay over the odds to "donate" to better shooters than myself over a course i would highly unlikely be competitive on in my class. 

Sadly not the case with AGL - maybe if Churchill's are doing it i will find the time to pop down. 

I know Hodnet have done it in the past "Re-Shoot the XXXXXXX" - no prizes etc - just shoot the targets taken round by a scorer. Great concept and i think your right a potential money earner for the club.
No need to "donate" to other shooters, go birds only, there is the option and can still claim a medal if you do fluke it. :smile:

I believe the last time it was held at EJC there was a refs/staff day on the course on the Monday but it was not open to the public.

No need to "donate" to other shooters, go birds only, there is the option and can still claim a medal if you do fluke it. :smile:
I didn't know that you can still claim a medal if you get in the placings despite going birds only. Could you theoretically win HG (no cash) with the trophy even if you went BO?

I didn't know that you can still claim a medal if you get in the placings despite going birds only. Could you theoretically win HG (no cash) with the trophy even if you went BO?
I’ve won HG money when going BO. Because it’s donated by the ground, not the prize pot. This rule is now being changed did I hear?

Any medals, trophies, and sponsors prizes and cash, just not the class cash pot. As per the CPSA rule book I presume. At the end of the day any championship is just another registered shoot with a title attached. Some people would like to see the birds only option removed from all majors.

Latest posts

Back