Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Hewland

English Open at AGL

MJJ
28 minutes ago, schmokinn said:

I think a huge amount of exaggeration on the targets Looper on 8 and crosser R-L on 11 distant but not impossibly so.

On Friday the looper on 8 landed toward the 'hut' in the field. The second target on stand 11 was done by a range finder according to the ref on the last stand.

Will Hewland
1 hour ago, Battue said:

On Friday the looper on 8 landed toward the 'hut' in the field. The second target on stand 11 was done by a range finder according to the ref on the last stand.

I have NEVER put a gap on a target as big as Stand 8. And when I hit the first target on stand 11 I thought I’d missed it while I waited for it to break.. phew.

Final results in. My stand 12 stupidity took me from potential 8th to 83rd. Aargh..

chippy

I didn't expect Bunny's 110 to get beaten. A 114 was world class round there.

Will Hewland
9 minutes ago, chippy said:

I didn't expect Bunny's 110 to get beaten. A 114 was world class round there.

I was gobsmacked when I heard it came in. No wind at all today, but still amazing. 

Jonny English

Shot this today, pretty testing round but fair for us today. A little bit of a lack of variety, a cherry picker or two, driven, over head and something not thrown from the floor would have been good, but over all about right difficulty for a championship. I shot 2% below my average so can't complain. Not sure how the wind has affected it during the week though.

Jonny English

Forgot to say, the best thing for us about the english this year was it's accessibility. 5 mins from the M1 and closer to the centre of the country. It was a 2 3/4 hr drive for us from lincolnshire, but was very easy to do. The clayshooting classic at Southdown is just ludicrous, it's closer to France that it is the M62.

These major shoots need to be accessible for all, anywhere along the M1 is pretty fair for anybody to access.

schmokinn
13 hours ago, Battue said:

We were told by the ref that the trap was 75 yds out which seemed generous....Range finder on a flying 4 inch disc,impressive!

MJJ
12 hours ago, schmokinn said:

.Range finder on a flying 4 inch disc,impressive!

If only i could shoot as accurately - 🙄

Doug Pinnegar

I really enjoyed the day and found the targets interesting and achievable. I was genuinely excited to take on stand 11 after all the hype, I managed 6/8 on there and walked off with a smile.I only missed two the the A birds.

Stand 8 was good fun as well, again, 6/8 and I missed two of the big loopers. 

I have never put gaps on clays like that before, it was enjoyable! I'll be making my way down to St Dials for the 'Real Sporting' shoots to try some more targets like that.

The CPSA deserve some credit as well as there was a noted increase in signs and banners etc. The massive scoreboard as well was nice to see. There were comments about it being taken down once the rain started but it then twigged that it was being moved over to the shoot off area. 

shortlegs

I'll be making my way down to St Dials for the 'Real Sporting' shoots to try some more targets like that.

I think St Dials have 100 ' Real sporting '. shoot on Saturday 26th may but check to make sure before coming through the forest Doug :thumbsup:

Doug Pinnegar
40 minutes ago, shortlegs said:

I'll be making my way down to St Dials for the 'Real Sporting' shoots to try some more targets like that.

I think St Dials have 100 ' Real sporting '. shoot on Saturday 26th may but check to make sure before coming through the forest Doug :thumbsup:

Sounds good to me. I can't see it on Facebook or their website so if you hear that it's on do pass the info on :D 

shortlegs
On 14 May 2018 at 1:22 PM, Doug Pinnegar said:

Sounds good to me. I can't see it on Facebook or their website so if you hear that it's on do pass the info on :D 

Hi Doug I'll be seeing Nigel the weekend at the fitasc at doveridge I'll double check with him and let you know   :thumbsup:

jasper

So back to the open. 

The high gun gets the 10k perrazi. Categories but not classes got some cartridge's.

Split the rest of the £13k CASH the way you think. 

Post  your thoughts. 

Jasper.

tiptop
2 hours ago, jasper said:

So back to the open. 

The high gun gets the 10k perrazi. Categories but not classes got some cartridge's.

Split the rest of the £13k CASH the way you think. 

Post  your thoughts. 

Jasper.

13K?...£9921 Paid out through the classes according to the CPSA...https://www.cpsa.co.uk/files/download/EO-ESP-Prize-Fund-Table/260

jasper

Ok. 

35 minutes ago, tiptop said:

13K?...£9921 Paid out through the classes according to the CPSA...https://www.cpsa.co.uk/files/download/EO-ESP-Prize-Fund-Table/260

Plus 3k sponsored by perrazi according to the Cpsa preview email. =£12921. 

How would you give it out tiptop.?

I'm guessing perrazi decided where their 3k went. But I'm just asking if it was you how would you divide it. 

tiptop
9 minutes ago, jasper said:

Ok. 

Plus 3k sponsored by perrazi according to the Cpsa preview email. =£12921. 

How would you give it out tiptop.?

Pretty much how it is. 

The 3k is the sponsors prize, so that is the sponsors choice where that goes.

The rest paid out to the classes that paid into that pot. Is that not what it says in the rule book anyway?

You could go down the route of equally share the prize pot between all the classes, but that will throw up the old chestnut about other classes subsidizing other classes. As it happens this time it would be A class doing the subsidizing, as that class had the most entries.

Prize money will always be a bone of contention with some people. At least it is open and transparent where the money did go this time.

Markh701

For those shooting tgts 8b and 11a+b with great success, was anyone using 1/4 choke and size 8 cartridges or something else?

Simbo

8b 3 out of 4 good kills with fixed 3/8th and 8's

jasper

8b all killed. DT11 . 3/4 choke . fiocchi  fblu 28grm 7.5 ( English 7 ? ).   11a killed 1 . good solid break with same combo. 11b killed three . same gun and cart . 1/2 choke.

jasper.

Jonny English

3/8ths choke, hull sovereign parcours 7's, 2 of the loopers on 3b, 3 of the loopers on 8b, 2 of each on 11. All misses were operator error, choke and cartridges were more than capable.

Doug Pinnegar

1/2 choke and Black Gold 7.5’s for 8b. Got 6/8.

1/4 choke and Black Gold 7.5’s for 11a&b. Got 6/8.

Markh701

Good info. Shame no ShotKam footage available to see some hits

schmokinn
10 hours ago, Markh701 said:

Good info. Shame no ShotKam footage available to see some hits

Saw plenty of them you just had to be there,you won't ever see any shotcam as they are not allowed in CPSA competition :D