Hold Points for UT?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlafUK

Thinking of shooting the County Championship and was wondering what would be a suitable hold point for UT. Anyone got any suggestions? šŸ¤”

If you do a net search I am sure you will find some info. I usually find that from post 1 I would be about 500mm to the left of centre and then working back to the centre in 250mm steps and then out the same way to the right. Height above is also personal some have very high gun holds others very low. I know several very good shooters who have theirĀ bead bang on the centre of the fosse and on the front edge of the lidĀ from all posts. It is all a matters of what suits the shooters way of seeing the target.

Hmmmmmmm! Sounds like how I treat my hold points for targets for DTL. I have a relatively high gun hold for DTL, so may have to drop its slightly to deal with the flatter targets. Guess it will be shoot the 1st round and adjust from there! :)

Hmmmmmmm! Sounds like how I treat my hold points for targets for DTL. I have a relatively high gun hold for DTL, so may have to drop its slightly to deal with the flatter targets. Guess it will be shoot the 1st round and adjust from there! :)
Ā The thing you may notice most is the speed of the targets. They are normally faster and also they vary from 60m to 70m

I put my barrels on the front edge of the trap house roof just slightly left of the centre trap marker when on pegs 1 and 2, on the marker on peg 3, and slightly to the right of the marker on pegs 4 and 5.

There are ten schemes with varying angles, heights and distances.

My advice is not to book on to shoot on the first squads out if you can help it. That will give you a chance to see others shooting the targets first before being chucked in the deep end.

What shooting ground is your county championships being held at?

Yup, definitely a quicker discipline! Shot a few rounds of OT in the past so hoping will be able to deal with the speed.

I put my barrels on the front edge of the trap house roof just slightly left of the centre trap marker when on pegs 1 and 2, on the marker on peg 3, and slightly to the right of the marker on pegs 4 and 5.

My advice is not to book on to shoot on the first squads out if you can help it. That will give you a chance to see others shooting the targets first before being chucked in the deep end.

Being held at Brook Bank in Somerset. Good plan to drop into one of the later squads and see the targets before shooting them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, definitely a quicker discipline! Shot a few rounds of OT in the past so hoping will be able to deal with the speed.

Being held at Brook Bank in Somerset. Good plan to drop into one of the later squads and see the targets before shooting them!
The sun rises in front of the layouts at Brook Bank. Ā So if you're on an early squad you'll have the sun in your face and the targets are a lot harder to see.

Just returned from the England ABT team selection shoot there last weekend, the sun wasn't a problem then.Ā 

The sun rises in front of the layouts at Brook Bank. Ā So if you're on an early squad you'll have the sun in your face and the targets are a lot harder to see.

Just returned from the England ABT team selection shoot there last weekend, the sun wasn't a problem then.Ā 
Not the weather for dark glasses! šŸ˜‰

Back