Storing Gun Cabinet Keys

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maca

While at the shooting ground cabin last week we got speaking about where you keep your cabinet keys.  One guy carries his on a carabiner in his trouser pocket which doesn't sound like a good idea to me as I'd probably lose them.  I hide mine in the house where nobody else knows they are and another guy keeps his in a small safe with 4 digit code which he keeps in another location in the house away from the gun cabinet.  

What's the general consensus regarding the safest way to keep your keys?

only you are supposed to know the whereabouts of your keys , i hide my in the house , could not be bothered to carry them around as they are twice the size of a front door key 

my mate keeps his in a separate safe 

I've got a digital combination lock on my cabinet, so no need to carry keys.  

Since the advent of the battery angle grinder , it matters not a jot where you keep your keys , the 14 year old feral scrote who burgles you will be inside the cabinet in seconds 😁

Since the advent of the battery angle grinder , it matters not a jot where you keep your keys , the 14 year old feral scrote who burgles you will be inside the cabinet in seconds 😁
This,  my keys are in two parts and there are two of them, the scrote would die of malnutrition before he got into my safe with any  grinder.

My keys are hidden in a safe place at home, as l feel having them on your key ring they are too accessible, whilst 2 Jack Russell's keep the scrote's at bay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw one of these programmes where ex burglars give advice on how to keep your house safe.  They said if there is any keypad device for anything the first thing they'll do is type in 1,2,3,4 or 1,1,1,1, as these are common factory settings and so many people don't bother to change it.  

I do agree that the scrotes will get anything given enough time, I had my motorbike stolen a few years ago and when the police came round they said just that.  Nothing is safe, all you can do is try to make your property harder to steal than next doors.  And to rub salt into the wound they said they weren't going to do anything about my bike because they don't have enough resources to deal with theft.

I saw one of these programmes where ex burglars give advice on how to keep your house safe.  They said if there is any keypad device for anything the first thing they'll do is type in 1,2,3,4 or 1,1,1,1, as these are common factory settings and so many people don't bother to change it.  

I do agree that the scrotes will get anything given enough time, I had my motorbike stolen a few years ago and when the police came round they said just that.  Nothing is safe, all you can do is try to make your property harder to steal than next doors.  And to rub salt into the wound they said they weren't going to do anything about my bike because they don't have enough resources to deal with theft.
 "they don't have enough resources to deal with theft"....they say this about everything that doesn't include violence and in some circumstances even that isn't enough!

You could hide a gold bar in public by the side of the road under a stone, thousands of people could drive past and not know it's there. Hide your gun cabinet

if they don't know its there, or cant see it, they can't steal whats inside it.

I keep my keys in the gun cabinet door that way I can always find them and not forget where I have put them................common sense really ! 

my keys in hidden key safe my cabinet hidden ,well hidden

I don't suppose they find many battery angle grinders when conducting 'Stop and Search' though   !

Whatever you do, do NOT tackle them though. If you win the argument,  it will cost the country £15,000 to bury the poor deluded soul   !

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back