CPSA General Rule

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nohoper

Hi Has anybody looked at the changes to general rules and more specifically the reference to prize money Rule 1.4 page 4 it will be interesting to hear your views .

Hi Has anybody looked at the changes to general rules and more specifically the reference to prize money Rule 1.4 page 4 it will be interesting to hear your views .
Could yo provide a link at all nohoper

No need I found it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing since last year where i think the wording was changed to say that all monies paid into the prize fund must be paid out and maybe clarifying the birds only situation....unfortunately the CPSA link to what the change was doesn't work  :???:

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/files/download/Addendum-Bk-1----010317/98

Old

1.4 ENTRY FEES & PRIZES At all registered events organisers must, prior to the commencement of the event, display the following information: a) The ‘Prize’ entry fee which must include the full amount to be paid back in prizes. B) The ‘“Targets-Only”’ entry fee which must exclude the prize money stated above. c) The amount to be returned to ‘Prize’ entrants only, which must be the exact difference between a) and B) above and... d) The amount of ‘Specified Sponsored Cash’, if any, to be paid to any winner. At all County, Regional and National Championships not organised by CPSA Head Office, the same entry fee will apply to all participants. Grounds are not permitted to charge ‘green fees’ to non club members, nor to give their own members any discount. Any levies applied by official County or Regional Committees must be charged to all entrants.

New

there was an addendum in March 2017 but  its an OOPS on the CPSA site

Hi Mark.

So no ground breaking changes then.

I'm amazed how little a lot of shooters know about how prize funds are arrived at - and some shoot organisers too!

Other rule changes are that temporary classifications will be automatically put on the system after 3 scores rather than having to ring up and request one

Other rule change is no camera or recording device allowed on the gun or yourself. So no eye cam or shot kam, barrel cam,  go pro etc.

1.4 ENTRY FEES & PRIZES
In all CPSA registered shoots, be they normal shoots or any championship, all prize money funded from member’s entry fees will be paid partly to High Gun/Runner up/Third (if advertised) and the remainder distributed amongst the classes. When no high gun is paid all monies will be paid only amongst the classes. In all cases the apportionment will be at the discretion of the shoot organisers. Prize money from member entries will not be paid in the categories – Seniors, Ladies, Juniors, Colts, Veterans nor Super Veterans. If prize money is provided from any other source e.g. sponsorship, then this may be paid in the categories if so advertised.
a) The ‘Prize’ entry fee which must include the full amount to be paid back in prizes.
B) The ‘“Targets-Only”’ entry fee which must exclude the prize money stated above.
c) The amount to be returned to ‘Prize’ entrants only, which must be the exact difference between a) and B) above and...
d) The amount of ‘Speci ed Sponsored Cash’, if any, to be paid to any winner.
The same entry fee (whether ‘prize’ or targets-only) must apply to all participants at all registered events. Any levies applied by of cial County or Regional Committees must be charged to all entrants.

I found this off you go...  by the way I don’t know why the emojis are in it, they just appeared - nothing I did.

True Cyril, I recall at every shoot you put on at either of your grounds, it was all on the blackboard!  Total entries, how much in the pot and how it was divided. 

may as well rip up the rule book. followed cheats the last two weeks. nothing changes.

Not keen on my fiver sponsoring the high gun prize, I will be asking when i pay on.

Pal went comp at oak lodge, was second in class and got 2 quid back, Net loss of 3 pound to sponsor HG. 

Hi my point is that taken to the extreme if the ground wanted it is possible that all monies could be paid out to high gun ,second  and third  ? I well realise some grounds like to pay high gun but surley a fairer system would set a maximum percentage of the prize fund to high gun and the remainder paid out in class as per class entry.

Hi my point is that taken to the extreme if the ground wanted it is possible that all monies could be paid out to high gun ,second  and third  ? I well realise some grounds like to pay high gun but surley a fairer system would set a maximum percentage of the prize fund to high gun and the remainder paid out in class as per class entry.
Though most grounds put up the High Gun money don’t they?  I imagine that if they stuck to the above only AAA or a few AA would put in. Everybody else just simply wouldn’t bother on a normal registered shoot.

Not keen on my fiver sponsoring the high gun prize, I will be asking when i pay on.
High gun prize isnt or shouldnt be taken from prize fund for comp ntries in each class.Any worthy ground solely sponsors the high gun prize from its operational costs !!!.

Just Saying ......

This is groundhog day.

As a proportion of the takings, prize money is a relatively small fraction overall. OK - 200 entries @ £40, assume all enter competition then there is £1K in the prize fund at a fiver each. It is a great opportunity to make a feature of the prize fund and to distribute it as widely as possible to have the greatest possible effect on the maximum number of people in the hope that it will be seen by all as a generous and correct way to run a shoot.        No problem.

So why doesn't everyone who runs a registered competion do this?

Answers on a postcard please.

Back