Sporting rules question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

Pair on report.

Ist target hit 2nd is no bird....how is repeat pair taken ?

1st target missed 2nd is a no bird...how is repeat pair taken ?

Pair again. First target established hit/miss, second target to count.

So regardless of 1st being hit or not on repeat whatever happened first time to first target counts ?

If you were Reffing and second target (on report) was a no bird or a missfire...what do you say to the competitor ?

No bird pair again  first bird established.......that rule is a100 years old  :lol:

Ok thank you all.  Have been roped into helping out at a charity shoot and just wanted to check 👍

Ok thank you all.  Have been roped into helping out at a charity shoot and just wanted to check 👍
All the rules are on CPSA site. Or I can send you the synopsis (plus earthy advice) sheet I did for my kids when they went scoring.. 

If it's not a cpsa ground you can have any rule you want.?.. pair again 

Last week at a practice shoot, I missed the teal target, first bird of a report pair. I then killed the report target, an incomer, BUT also killed the teal target which was dropping behind it. My shooting pals took some convincing that it was 'pair dead'  !

The next pair, although I killed the pair, I managed to break a small piece of the teal target as it dropped behind the second target. 

All the rules are on CPSA site. Or I can send you the synopsis (plus earthy advice) sheet I did for my kids when they went scoring.. 
Can he borrow their lunch boxes too  ?    :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last week at a practice shoot, I missed the teal target, first bird of a report pair. I then killed the report target, an incomer, BUT also killed the teal target which was dropping behind it. My shooting pals took some convincing that it was 'pair dead'  !

The next pair, although I killed the pair, I managed to break a small piece of the teal target as it dropped behind the second target. 

Can he borrow their lunch boxes too  ?
He has a new pepper pig one his wife bought him  :angel:

Your confusing me now 😛
Thats not fooking hard  :lol:

Your confusing me now 😛
If you shot at the fish and hit your first bird but the second one was a no bird I would say pair again if I was marking and you was shooting ! With the hope you missed your first bird on the repeat pair  :lol:

Pair on report.

Ist target hit 2nd is no bird....how is repeat pair taken ? =Pair again 1st bird established killed 2nd bird to count

1st target missed 2nd is a no bird...how is repeat pair taken ? =Pair again 1st bird established lost 2nd bird to count
sim pairs  pair again nothing established  thats how I thought it works there are good reasons for those  interpretations but it just needs a bit of thinking about. it,s to do with not letting a shooter be advantaged or disadvantaged by the decision.

IPS take no notice of all the above. If you get a no bird the shooter must shoot the complete stand again nothing to count and if you get two no birds the shooter must start the whole shoot again nothing to count. Or if the shooter wants they can get a refund of the entry fee and compensation for the cartridges used.

IPS take no notice of all the above. If you get a no bird the shooter must shoot the complete stand again nothing to count and if you get two no birds the shooter must start the whole shoot again nothing to count. Or if the shooter wants they can get a refund of the entry fee and compensation for the cartridges used.
He will belive you 

Latest posts

Back