Widdington clay shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonz

Heading to Wiltshire for a few days, anyone tried Widdington clay shoot for practice? What do they charge and is it a challenging layout, or is there any where else worth trying 

Thanks

Jonz

It’s a great bit of ground, mainly Valley. I recommend their registered shoot. I think they tame down the practice (but doubtless still some good stuff on) and last time I checked it was pricey per clay..

It’s a great bit of ground, mainly Valley. I recommend their registered shoot. I think they tame down the practice (but doubtless still some good stuff on) and last time I checked it was pricey per clay..
They don't tame the practice stuff down, I was there last Sunday and they had some decent targets on.

First 2 stands were soft targets on there own so I shot as sim pairs, the rest were of registered standard.

I think it's 36p a clay.

They don't tame the practice stuff down, I was there last Sunday and they had some decent targets on.

First 2 stands were soft targets on there own so I shot as sim pairs, the rest were of registered standard.

I think it's 36p a clay.
Dan, how many practise stands?

I just recall going there about 10 years ago on a Thursday (as a relative beginner). Shot about 85%, and went back on the Sunday for the Reg shoot. Everything 20 yards further away, got murdered.. 😂

Have they sorted the large number of trap breakdowns they usually have??

Must have been 15 stands open last Sunday 

I shot 175 cartridges and didn't have a single no-bird.
Might give the first registered a go then. Last time I went to a registered shoot there (28/5/2017) 3 stands in, trap has a total failure, replaced and a completely different target was thrown. Never bother again that year, as it was getting a bad reputation for trap breakdowns. Shame really as I used to go there quite regularly. I know Sean (gunsite) has been asked to set the targets again. Poor old boy always gets the grief but the traps are nothing to do with him.

Might give the first registered a go then. Last time I went to a registered shoot there (28/5/2017) 3 stands in, trap has a total failure, replaced and a completely different target was thrown. Never bother again that year, as it was getting a bad reputation for trap breakdowns. Shame really as I used to go there quite regularly. I know Sean (gunsite) has been asked to set the targets again. Poor old boy always gets the grief but the traps are nothing to do with him.
I think Sean had a word with them, something along the lines of the trap fairies not living in the shed where they are kept.

Latest posts

Back