starting young shots

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danq

hi all

I read on here some time ago about getting young shots started on the path of wisdom  and what size gun to use.

my wifes grandson wanted to try out clays hes 13 years old quite into sport tennis football running etc he had a broken shoulder from foot ball a while ago its now healed but I was a bit worried .

I decided on adding an extra pad to the back of my old over and under and got some 21 gram loads, I bought a hundread and off we went.

after shooting a hundread each he had no shoulder pain or discomfort at all and asked can he do some more ,so I bought another 50 and he rattled through them quite happily. we came home I was a bit knackered but he was bright as a buton and asked can we go again tomorrow,so weather permitting were off again

Great thing for a bit of male bonding . I’m pleased for you Same thing with mine . He started at 14 , I  paid for two lessons to get the basics and he was just a natural . Perhaps it was all the other hand to eye coordination stuff he enjoyed , cricket , golf , even the X -Box !  Then after a few years he went all “ Kevin and Perry “ then came the motorbikes and uni , but  the basics never left him and 10 years on  even if he only shoots twice a year , he can still put on a good show. 

I think Shooting is quite a nice social skill to teach your boy as well , safety , discipline , all come in useful in later life .  The only downside is you’ll end up paying for ever ! 

thanks for those thoughts

yes it was an excellent day weather was good and sport was fine. GOOD BIT OF BONDING

had to settle for his favourite lunch though MC DONALDS !!! 

Latest posts

Back