Commonwealth games

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maca

Anyone know if the shooting will be on TV for any shooting events?

BBC are doing the coverage for the games. I’ve just looked on the website for you and found the following:

sunday 8/4. 06.45 am women’s skeet

monday 9/4 06.45 am men’s skeet

weds 11/4 00.01 womens double trap 

weds 11/4 06.45 men’s double trap

fri 13/4 06.55 women’s trap

sat 14/4 06.30 men’s trap 

If you go onto the BBC website they have all information on there 

happy watching!!!

Just found more information...

Sunday 8th 00.01-03.01. Men and women’s Skeet qualifications 

Sunday 8th 06.45 women’s Skeet final

sunday 9th Skeet men’s qualification day 2 with final at 06.45-07.30

weds 11th 00.01-03.01 men’s double trap qualification     01.30-06.30 women’s double trap final 06.45-07.45 men’s double trap final

fri 13th 00.30-03.00 men’s trap qualification day 1  00.00 - 04.00 women’s trap qualification  06.66-07.55 women’s trap final

sat 14th 00.01-04.01 men’s trap qualification day 2   06.30 men’s trap final

thank you, Donna

just hope its on i player

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope im wrong, but I fear we'll see more of the 20K walk final that starts the same time as the shooting, than the shooting itself. The BBC have told us when the shootings on but not if they will show it to us. Fingers crossed though

'Fraid not, I have just been searching for it. I did manage to catch the last few minutes live this morning, which rather astonished me as I fear the Beeb isn't exactly shooting-friendly. In case you haven't heard the result I won't post it here!

I managed to find video of the women's skeet yesterday, and my wife and I watched it with great enjoyment. Well done Amber Hill, a Silver is no mean feat. And congratulations to Emily Hibbs, who looked completely relaxed for her first appearance at the Commonwealth Games. Having managed to qualify (no mean feat) she ended up fifth, which is (as the commentator remarked) an extraordinary performance.

I know they were all wearing hearing protection, but I must say the ghastly and very loud music during the event would have driven me bonkers!

@CharlesP I watched the ladies yesterday aswell - thought it was brilliant, nail biting stuff! I too thought that loud pop music would have been a great distraction, a few times I caught Hibbs singing along so they must have been able to hear it! 

Such a shame that there's no sign of the mens on iplayer. Hopefully some of the double trap will be shown.

don't think the mens wil be on till tomorrow really enjoyed the girls it struck me how young most of them looked (compared to me ) and their reactions so fast  and fluid  its definitely a young persons game at the top cant work out why we have to have music in the background offputting

didn't think much of the cameras work though

Irritating as the women’s was on sports app pretty much straight away! It seems the focus has switched to lawn bowls...

I watched the superbowl the beeb never covered that as well  :angel:

Latest posts

Back