Great comp tomorrow

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Shooting a great local easter Monday 100 FU competition tomorrow. The comp starts at 8.45 am but on arrival there is a full breakfast  which is free the full works bacon , eggs , black pudding, sausage , charcuterie crepes with red, rose and white wines and coffee. After the first 50 lunch is served crème asparagus soup, grilled venison with white beans cooked with duck fat followed by Brebis cheese and salad then raspberry tart and cream for sweet with wines and coffee all prepared by the ladies of the club... cost €13  who cares what you score the menu is worth the day out :lol:

I think I would just watch/fall asleep after eating all that.
The breakfast is a thing of great beauty it is not just a greasy fry up... unfortunately I seldom eat anything before mid day so I have never taken breakfast there to date ... however tomorrow I think a little bit of bacon, black pudding and a fried egg will do no great harm :lol:

Sounds as tho contending with challenging food is more the contest than challenging targets.

howdja do?  with both of course

Well, how was the day john
Well lets just say the breakfast was the highlight ! :lol:

The promised warm weather did not arrive unfortunately and it was actually a rather cold and very grey day. I would be the first to say I do not shoot well when I have to wear extra clothing to keep warm and shot the morning 50 very off and on for only 41 the afternoon was slightly warmer and I took my sweater off and shot a 23 but then it got cold and darker again and another 21 was all I could muster. I was not actually that upset with my shooting, I managed to keep a 2 at the start of my scores but  more with the weather. I was actually quite fatigued after that and it was due to being cold. Never mind there is always next weekend... no lovely breakfast at that one though  :lol:

As long as you enjoyed it john 👍

Anything with a 2 in front is no embarrassment 

As long as you enjoyed it john 👍

Anything with a 2 in front is no embarrassment 
To be honest Ian I really did not enjoy the day that much. The cold and grey weather really put the mockers on it for me not one bit of blue sky and a cold east wind. I have been working really hard doing some pretty heavy work these last three weeks, I am creating a new workshop from the floor up, which has involved heavy lifting and digging out about half a tonne of heavy clay for floor area then concrete mixing, founds laying and shifting lumber about. I took two days off thinking I would bounce back but I am really shattered right now! ... I think I am going to have to slow down on the works and see how that works out but it was an early 6.30 am start for me this morning... not too much of the heavy stuff left to do not but I think I am getting too old for that heavy work malarkey :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your sposed to be retired and living the dream. Take it easy my friend 👍

Living the Dream!  The Golden Years!    Watta Load!!!!

It will never change, John.  If you want some things done right and done now the single alternative is ........... guess what?   But, look at the bright side, the exercise is prolly good for you hahahahahahaha

And I suspect that far the majority would be quite satisfied with shooting as well as you did.  Personally I would've been ecstatic.  I hope that you showed them some skills at the table as well.

Back