Result of my question Miroku vs Zoli

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarsJ

I just wanted to "enlighten" you with the result of my question. When I got down to the shop, there was also a 682 Gold e 30" fixed. I tried all 4 (Miroku in the 30 and 32“). The 30 Miroku just felt right to me. Unfortunately no used ones, so I had to buy a new one. Would have loved the Grade 5,but can't pay the money for it. So I now have a Miroku with wood that looks like fake wooden floorboards (what's up with that ghastly satin finish?). Well just looks I guess. And I got what I paid for. Cardboard box and all. 

I made no changes, apart from putting on my ISIS xpad. 

Went shooting with it saterday, and thought this will go to crap (new gun, and up a quarter in each barrel). Well low and behold, over 4 rounds of OT I scored 2 better on average than the last 4 with my old gun. Maybe a new gun syndrome.... I felt no recoil at all, much less than the 682 Gold e (24/6 steel) 

The first two rounds I focused on mount (I do like the middle bead, making sure everything is straight before the call, notice neither of the beads when shooting). 3 round mounting, while focusing out in the field, check the mount and then call. 4th round, mount and call. Apperently you were all right, that Miroku is some kind of magic. 

What surprised me was this though. 

A wierd spare part (someone mentioned it was probably a gizmo so I can make it go autosafe). 

I need to take up the slack on the trigger, I didn't have to do that with my Turkish  beretta clone. Other wise no jerkiness or creep in the trigger. 

I can choose barrels, didn't think trap guns came like that. 

I also went over to one of the compaq ranges. Have shot that twice before, last time in June. Saterday I did 21 ex 25.

Only thing that pees me of.. Why didn't I go with this from the get go ( I know why, not many miroku around in Denmark, yet.. They have started to import them as of July last year in one of the big chains of shops). 

Again.. Thanks for the input from this knowledgeable forum. 

On a side note.. How many shots to be expected before it needs service (I hate that word, but lack of better). 

Lars

I just wanted to "enlighten" you with the result of my question. When I got down to the shop, there was also a 682 Gold e 30" fixed. I tried all 4 (Miroku in the 30 and 32“). The 30 Miroku just felt right to me. Unfortunately no used ones, so I had to buy a new one. Would have loved the Grade 5,but can't pay the money for it. So I now have a Miroku with wood that looks like fake wooden floorboards (what's up with that ghastly satin finish?). Well just looks I guess. And I got what I paid for. Cardboard box and all. 

I made no changes, apart from putting on my ISIS xpad. 

Went shooting with it saterday, and thought this will go to crap (new gun, and up a quarter in each barrel). Well low and behold, over 4 rounds of OT I scored 2 better on average than the last 4 with my old gun. Maybe a new gun syndrome.... I felt no recoil at all, much less than the 682 Gold e (24/6 steel) 

The first two rounds I focused on mount (I do like the middle bead, making sure everything is straight before the call, notice neither of the beads when shooting). 3 round mounting, while focusing out in the field, check the mount and then call. 4th round, mount and call. Apperently you were all right, that Miroku is some kind of magic. 

What surprised me was this though. 

A wierd spare part (someone mentioned it was probably a gizmo so I can make it go autosafe). 

I need to take up the slack on the trigger, I didn't have to do that with my Turkish  beretta clone. Other wise no jerkiness or creep in the trigger. 

I can choose barrels, didn't think trap guns came like that. 

I also went over to one of the compaq ranges. Have shot that twice before, last time in June. Saterday I did 21 ex 25.

Only thing that pees me of.. Why didn't I go with this from the get go ( I know why, not many miroku around in Denmark, yet.. They have started to import them as of July last year in one of the big chains of shops). 

Again.. Thanks for the input from this knowledgeable forum. 

On a side note.. How many shots to be expected before it needs service (I hate that word, but lack of better). 

Lars
Welcome to the 'bright side'  Lars  !

Just be careful if you ever try a Perazzi though, I managed to shoot the trap house taking up that 'Miroku slack' in the trigger..................there was none  !     :rolleyes:

just keep it clean and it will last a lifetime . the only real weak point is the firing pins . i had to upgrade mine after a while as i was getting weak strikes . 

mirokus are a fantastic gun and as i said on the last thread the rib is fantastic with that mid rib .

only weak point i found was the trigger, There is a bit of slack to take up and it happened me the odd time that i couldnt get the second shot off as i hadnt fully released the trigger after the first shot , you really need to fully release it to the point of almost taking your finger off the trigger .it never happened me on other guns just the miroku . other than that the miroku is a gem  :cool: and will last you forever

Last edited by a moderator:
just keep it clean and it will last a lifetime . the only real weak point is the firing pins . i had to upgrade mine after a while as i was getting weak strikes . 

mirokus are a fantastic gun and as i said on the last thread the rib is fantastic with that mid rib .

only weak point i found was the trigger, There is a bit of slack to take up and it happened me the odd time that i couldnt get the second shot off as i hadnt fully released the trigger after the first shot , you really need to fully release it to the point of almost taking your finger off the trigger .it never happened me on other guns just the miroku . other than that the miroku is a gem  :cool: and will last you forever
BUT, once you have mastered the 'fully release'  technique, no other gun will catch you out  !

When I bought my lightly used 32” trap before Xmas I’d a few things in my project list . After the Teague Precision chokes , and the Nigel Teague gunfit , the last thing on the list was a set of custom pins and springs from J&P in the good old US of A . They were a few bob , about $90 US including postage , but I was lucky and the packet was delivered without hitting customs ( which would have added over 30% to the price ) .  I did this for no other reason than I could !   

https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/BROWNING-CITORI-12-GAUGE-FIRING-PIN-AND-SPRING-KIT-p72200004

I have no problems with the Miroku trigger , OK , it is not like the “ icicle snapping “ on my lightweight action K80  but the Miroku is a shotgun that I often us shooting gun down ,  not a target rifle , and honestly most time  I’m not  even conscious of pulling the trigger , it just sort of goes “ Bang” as everything lines up . Sometimes I even hit things  :rolleyes:

When I bought my lightly used 32” trap before Xmas I’d a few things in my project list . After the Teague Precision chokes , and the Nigel Teague gunfit , the last thing on the list was a set of custom pins and springs from J&P in the good old US of A . They were a few bob , about $90 US including postage , but I was lucky and the packet was delivered without hitting customs ( which would have added over 30% to the price ) .  I did this for no other reason than I could !   

https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/BROWNING-CITORI-12-GAUGE-FIRING-PIN-AND-SPRING-KIT-p72200004

I have no problems with the Miroku trigger , OK , it is not like the “ icicle snapping “ on my lightweight action K80  but the Miroku is a shotgun that I often us shooting gun down ,  not a target rifle , and honestly most time  I’m not  even conscious of pulling the trigger , it just sort of goes “ Bang” as everything lines up . Sometimes I even hit things  :rolleyes:
Ya thats the pins and springs kit i put in my miroku aswell. its a good kit and easy to do yourself. Made a big difference to the gun. 

I was never concious of the trigger it was more like WTF why isnt the gun firing and then you realise why when its too late. Never happened me on any other gun and to be fair it rarely happened me on the miroku . Id say 1 out of every 500 clays but thats enough to annoy 

As I tried to explain (remember the English isn't my mother tongue). I have no issues with the trigger. I was just surprised there was slack.😀I feel no creep og jerkines. A

nd as MartynB said, it's no long distance target rifle. And anyhow I'm schooled with slack. I learnt to shoot with M1 Garand, then onto the H&K G3 and finally  on to the Canadian version of Colt M4 (C7/C8). And they all had slack.. And some had jerky triggers beyond belief. Then there is all submachine guns and beltfed weapons. So I'm used to bad trigger. And the Miroku is in no way a problem for me, trigger wise. 

And with the risk of sounding like a pompous ar** (and being a newbie in shotgun sports). The trigger is the least of the problems. It's a conscious decision when we pull, not like on other weapons where the surprised break (of trigger/hammer release) is taught. 

Lars

Latest posts

Back