Olympic Blues

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldblaster

l really liked the old Eley Blues but when Eley merged them with the Olyimpic and formed the Olympic Blues l tried them and found them lacking compared to the old Blues, plus with fibre  the leading was very heavy and hard to clean. Well l took a chance the other day and bought a thousand Olympic Blues, and l have to say what a rattllng good cartridge they are now fast, punchy, and clean just like the old Blues. They are now in my opinion the best mid priced club class cartridge.

They are punchy alright . punchy right in the face  :p . you can get decent kills with them but compared to many others they have harsh recoil . good value though

I shot them side by side with some hull pro ones on Sunday and could not feel any difference recoil wise. Or in any other way to be honest. 

So what changed?  As your first time you 'found them lacking'.

So what changed?  As your first time you 'found them lacking'.
I can't give you a definitive answer really, after the merger of the two cartridges they didn't seem to have the same killing power as the old Blues, and not as snappy or fast. It may be all in the mind (but then so is 70% of clay shooting). But the important thing is l have confidence in the new fibre Olympic Blues, they suit me and my gun, plus l dont have to spend hours scrubbing out my barrels to get them clean!

They are punchy alright . punchy right in the face  :p . you can get decent kills with them but compared to many others they have harsh recoil . good value though
If your gun is hurting your face with the recoil, then l suggest you might have a fitting problem. The heaviest recoil should only be felt in the shoulder not the face.

If your gun is hurting your face with the recoil, then l suggest you might have a fitting problem. The heaviest recoil should only be felt in the shoulder not the face.
they dont punch my face i was just being a smart arse  :D

i just find the recoil harsh on them compared to any other types of cartridges ive used 

Latest posts

Back