No shooting for a month or so ....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW13

Or maybe longer, not sure I can cope with that.

I'm moving house and put the guns in storage, I can't get the new safe in for a while so I will have to put a brave face on for a while.  I think I will really miss it. The longest I haven't shot for in the last 4 years is about 10 days.

I'll probably need therapy ....

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm moving house and put the guns in storage, I can't get the new safe in for a while so I will have to put a brave face on for a while.  I think I will really miss it. The longest I haven't shot for in the last 4 years is about 10 days.

It's good to have a unforced break you often find you shoot better when you return, your more keen 

Why not get your local ground to stop your favourite gun, then you can still use it..

I will be moving to near Bexhill where there are local grounds but I have not been to any of them as yet. Once there I plan to visit them ASAP. As I don't know the grounds and there facilities I have left my guns with a RFD.

Within easy reach I think there is - Willow Farm, Stonestile, Normanhurst and Mill Farm.

Looking forward to going to new clubs and meeting new people.

I think that the grammer police forget while taling a cheap shot ant someone that most of the replies or responses are written when doing someghing else. Like listening to a conference call, waiting at at ghe school gates or like now, in the 2 mins spare waiting for the kids to take them out to a saturday club with the Mrs is waffling on about what to have for  dinner.

On a phone keyboard. 

I will be moving to near Bexhill where there are local grounds but I have not been to any of them as yet. Once there I plan to visit them ASAP. As I don't know the grounds and there facilities I have left my guns with a RFD.

Within easy reach I think there is - Willow Farm, Stonestile, Normanhurst and Mill Farm.

Looking forward to going to new clubs and meeting new people.
What me to tell you what they are like?  I'm over the other side of Battle from where you'll be.

Willow Farm - dead flat site as it's on the edge of Romney Marsh, but they still manage to put on a decent variety of targets.  Beth and Colin usually set the targets and d a good job.  They put on a balance of targets, some of which need big lead.  There are usually one or two big targets on the compact layout.

Open every day apart from Monday's.  On Sunday's they have an open sporting competition of either 70 or 100 birds (the months plan is on their website). Rest of the week it's sporting practice, where they usually have 7 stands available.

They also have a 25 bird compact set-up that runs as a competition from Wednesday onwards, with prizes for the top score. There is also a skeet layout that is available except for on Sundays, when they usually have a sporting stand set up on it.

The bacon sticks from the food van are very good.  When it's windy, it is the coldest place on the planet (at least it feels like it is).

Normanhurst - every other Sunday from 10am (is on this weekend).  Small ground that has 5 to 7 sporting stands and DTL.  Jan who runs it is a nice guy.  I rarely go there these days for a number of reasons - limited space limits the presentations they put on,  they often have sim pairs going in the same direction (overheads or crossers), I'm often off at Horne or elsewhere these days.  They usually have tea / coffee and bacon rolls for sale, but often stop early.

Stonestile - I'm good mates with Ben who runs Stonestile, which runs on the alternate Sundays to Normanhurst.  Very friendly 50 bird self-buttoning shoot with varied terrain.  Targets change every time and it has improved a lot since I first went there 5 years ago.  Has a facebook page which gives updated on scores each week. Ben's looking for more shooters to enter the Clubman League for Stonestile and I'm sure he'd be delighted if you were interested.  It's a straw baler so no cafe or toilets.

Mill Farm - on Pevensey Levels, so another flat site.  70 bird sporting over 7 stands, 25 bird compact and skeet.  Runs same Sunday as Normanhurst and isn't far away so lots of people do both.  Very good cafe with lots of people getting there early to partake of the full english.  I'd say not as varied as Willow Farm in terms of targets, but they do vary them a bit (tend to often have a lowish overhead on one of the stands and stand 7 often involved left to right crossers / loopers). 

I'm at Willow Farm almost every Saturday morning with my husband if you ever want company shooting there.  The others I'm a less regular visitor at, although I try to get to Stonestile whenever possible.

You also might want to get in touch with Jeremy at Sussex Guns (just outside Battle near Normanhurst) about gun storage.  He might be able to help you out short term and you'd probably be able to get access to your gun from him when he's open if you wanted to get out for a shoot.

I think that the grammer police forget while taling a cheap shot ant someone that most of the replies or responses are written when doing someghing else. Like listening to a conference call, waiting at at ghe school gates or like now, in the 2 mins spare waiting for the kids to take them out to a saturday club with the Mrs is waffling on about what to have for  dinner.

On a phone keyboard. 
Bloody ell  ! Are you in the same pub as BT  ??       :lol:

Willow Farm - dead flat site as it's on the edge of Romney Marsh, but they still manage to put on a decent variety of targets.  Beth and Colin usually set the targets and d a good job.  They put on a balance of targets, some of which need big lead.  There are usually one or two big targets on the compact layout.

Open every day apart from Monday's.  On Sunday's they have an open sporting competition of either 70 or 100 birds (the months plan is on their website). Rest of the week it's sporting practice, where they usually have 7 stands available.

They also have a 25 bird compact set-up that runs as a competition from Wednesday onwards, with prizes for the top score. There is also a skeet layout that is available except for on Sundays, when they usually have a sporting stand set up on it.

The bacon sticks from the food van are very good.  When it's windy, it is the coldest place on the planet (at least it feels like it is).

Normanhurst - every other Sunday from 10am (is on this weekend).  Small ground that has 5 to 7 sporting stands and DTL.  Jan who runs it is a nice guy.  I rarely go there these days for a number of reasons - limited space limits the presentations they put on,  they often have sim pairs going in the same direction (overheads or crossers), I'm often off at Horne or elsewhere these days.  They usually have tea / coffee and bacon rolls for sale, but often stop early.

Stonestile - I'm good mates with Ben who runs Stonestile, which runs on the alternate Sundays to Normanhurst.  Very friendly 50 bird self-buttoning shoot with varied terrain.  Targets change every time and it has improved a lot since I first went there 5 years ago.  Has a facebook page which gives updated on scores each week. Ben's looking for more shooters to enter the Clubman League for Stonestile and I'm sure he'd be delighted if you were interested.  It's a straw baler so no cafe or toilets.

Mill Farm - on Pevensey Levels, so another flat site.  70 bird sporting over 7 stands, 25 bird compact and skeet.  Runs same Sunday as Normanhurst and isn't far away so lots of people do both.  Very good cafe with lots of people getting there early to partake of the full english.  I'd say not as varied as Willow Farm in terms of targets, but they do vary them a bit (tend to often have a lowish overhead on one of the stands and stand 7 often involved left to right crossers / loopers). 

I'm at Willow Farm almost every Saturday morning with my husband if you ever want company shooting there.  The others I'm a less regular visitor at, although I try to get to Stonestile whenever possible.

You also might want to get in touch with Jeremy at Sussex Guns (just outside Battle near Normanhurst) about gun storage.  He might be able to help you out short term and you'd probably be able to get access to your gun from him when he's open if you wanted to get out for a shoot.
Thank you for all the above, very helpful.  I will be near Cooden so not far from any of these clubs.  Thanks for the opportunity to shoot with you at Willow Farm. 

There are so many dedicated and expert shooters on here you will probably find my skills a little underwhelming.  I shoot for fun and I guess i am usually around the 75% hit rate and early 20's for skeet.  So probably not up to the skills needed for a Club team, but who knows.

Just about finished packing up the house ready for the removal people on Monday, part 1, and the finish on Tuesday, part 2 removals. Hopefully we can complete early on Tuesday. Then a week or two of unpacking settling in, a bit of building work prior to the gun safe installation.  Time should fly by.

Cheers

Andy

Bloody ell  ! Are you in the same pub as BT  ??       :lol:
Stop asking questions your not at work anymore 
cop.gif

Thank you for all the above, very helpful.  I will be near Cooden so not far from any of these clubs.  Thanks for the opportunity to shoot with you at Willow Farm. 

There are so many dedicated and expert shooters on here you will probably find my skills a little underwhelming.  I shoot for fun and I guess i am usually around the 75% hit rate and early 20's for skeet.  So probably not up to the skills needed for a Club team, but who knows.

Just about finished packing up the house ready for the removal people on Monday, part 1, and the finish on Tuesday, part 2 removals. Hopefully we can complete early on Tuesday. Then a week or two of unpacking settling in, a bit of building work prior to the gun safe installation.  Time should fly by.

Cheers

Andy
Clubman League is aimed at C class shooters, so 75% would put you close to the top of the pile. My cpsa average is 74% and I hit a 21 at skeet this morning, so it sounds like our skill levels aren't too disimilar.  So no taking the pee out of me when I miss.

2 weeks now......

Successful move and settling in, hope to get the safe in this week and collect the guns in time for the weekend. But so much to do first!

Latest posts

Back