Shoots you recommend for an unregistered shooter.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salop sniper

Folks,

I cant make the Jack Pyke this year which I enjoy so am looking for another event or two that are similar that folk would recommend.

Am not registered with the CPSA and I wont join them either so what events do you know of that you can recommend ?

TIA

Matt

Folks,

I cant make the Jack Pyke this year which I enjoy so am looking for another event or two that are similar that folk would recommend.

Am not registered with the CPSA and I wont join them either so what events do you know of that you can recommend ?

TIA

Matt
Essex Masters at Hepworth Hall - held over one week coming up soon - I am shooting it Friday 13th but its on from the Monday before to the Sunday I think.  You could call up John Dyson to see what spaces are left.  Good shoot can be shot all on one day or over two days if you want.  Could also shoot Beretta World if you had a Beretta - being held at a new venue this year at Farleigh Wallop near Basingstoke.  Google Beretta World 2018 for that one.

Folks,

Matt
Makes no odds! Just go to any registered shoot and give them birds only money. You don’t need to be a member to shoot it, effectively as a practice round. Fair enough if you don’t want to join CPSA, but the best shoots are the registered ones. Don’t miss out.

Also the Classique that Steve is doing at Westfield 200 birds being held end of May - I don't think you have to be a CPSA member for that but Steve could tell you.  Also the Krieghoff mid August by Steve - don't know if you need to be CPSA for that either.

I don't know if you have to be CPSA for the The Grand Masters at Southdown - end of April

As Will says it's usually okay for an unregistered shooter to enter registered events. There may be one or two grounds that don't allow it but if you're in Shropshire there are several grounds within reasonable distance that would welcome you to their reg shoots.

I thought Salop Sniper was looking more for the one off type of events held in the year rather that asking about CPSA registered shoots?

I thought Salop Sniper was looking more for the one off type of events held in the year rather that asking about CPSA registered shoots?
His question seemed to imply that CPSA non membership was a barrier to him..

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe worthwhile looking at some of the Police shoots too. Gt. Manchester are holding a shoot at Worsley, Cheshire Police at Hodnet, they are nearly all open shoots BUT,  you may need to book in advance. Although not registered, they are all held according to CPSA rules for the particular discipline.

PERAZZI SPORTING GRAND PRIX 2018        this is at Mid Wales Shooting Ground  :thumbsup:

Happening on the 10th August 2018
2018 Dates for the Perazzi Sporting Grand Prix are August 10th, 11th & 12th

Download Entry Forms Here

Ooh forgotten that one and I’m booked in 👏👏
which day you shooting it Sian  I'm booked in for the friday with sleepyhollow from here I think 10.30.start but will check when there on sunday for their 100esp reg  :thumbsup:

which day you shooting it Sian  I'm booked in for the friday with sleepyhollow from here I think 10.30.start but will check when there on sunday for their 100esp reg  :thumbsup:
Aah we are on the Saturday at 11am.

We shot the Royal Berkshire Shooting School Handicap Challenge yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great targets and excellent hospitality too so would definitely recommend it to others.

Absolutely loved the Grouse Butt sequence, which my partner filmed me on. Below if you're interested! 

Matt come down to and see me at EJ Churchill for a registered you’ll enjoy it and it would be good to catch up. 

Latest posts

Back