Airport problem.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westley

Just a bit of a warning to anyone travelling abroad from UK. According to a weekly shooting journal, a Woman was stopped at Stansted airport prior to boarding her flight, and her necklace, which had a 1" long 'gun charm' suspended from it, confiscated. It was apparently deemed to be...........................wait for it...............AN IMITATION FIREARM   !    So, to all of you guys that have a 'gun tie pin' or bullet/cartridge cuff links, leave em at home.  It cost her £8 upon her return to UK, to get it back too.  ER  NO  ! as it is a weekly publication, it was NOT the April edition either.

Just a bit of a warning to anyone travelling abroad from UK. According to a weekly shooting journal, a Woman was stopped at Stansted airport prior to boarding her flight, and her necklace, which had a 1" long 'gun charm' suspended from it, confiscated. It was apparently deemed to be...........................wait for it...............AN IMITATION FIREARM   !    So, to all of you guys that have a 'gun tie pin' or bullet/cartridge cuff links, leave em at home.  It cost her £8 upon her return to UK, to get it back too.  ER  NO  ! as it is a weekly publication, it was NOT the April edition either.
My girlfriend says I have a loaded gun in my underpants........should I not travel at all !

My girlfriend says I have a loaded gun in my underpants........should I not travel at all !
As long as you declare upon check-in it should not cause any concern (you might get in to other troubles for showing it when checking in...) 

Lars

So fake news has made it to the ShootClay forum. 

This one, or variations of it, have been doing the rounds for years. It’s absolute nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
which had a 1" long 'gun charm' suspended from it, . 

Nah, your safe to travel.  :D

Last edited by a moderator:

This one, or variations of it, have been doing the rounds for years. It’s absolute nonsense.
I am merely quoting an article complete with a photograph which has appeared in this weeks, weekly shooting journal (page 9 to be precise).  Having first hand knowledge as to the lack of dexterity of some of the private security persons deployed at airports and ports,  I have no reason whatsoever to disbelieve the authenticity of such an article.  I feel sure that travelling shooters will be indebted to you, were you to contact the Editor of the magazine and get them to print a retraction.

I am merely quoting an article complete with a photograph which has appeared in this weeks, weekly shooting journal (page 9 to be precise).  Having first hand knowledge as to the lack of dexterity of some of the private security persons deployed at airports and ports,  I have no reason whatsoever to disbelieve the authenticity of such an article.  I feel sure that travelling shooters will be indebted to you, were you to contact the Editor of the magazine and get them to print a retraction.
Having been detained for a search based on some clown deciding that the wire on my spiral bound notebook was the fuse for a laptop bomb .. I doubt nothing . Although perhaps if I hadn’t told the jobsworth there was a  apparently a training need , I might have got along a bit faster . :rolleyes:

No problem , at Manchester airport you just need to let the police inspect it ( on top of your trolley ,  in front of the other passengers . Then an airline employee has to keep it in his hand until the flight leaves 

Having been detained for a search based on some clown deciding that the wire on my spiral bound notebook was the fuse for a laptop bomb .. I doubt nothing . Although perhaps if I hadn’t told the jobsworth there was a  apparently a training need , I might have got along a bit faster . :rolleyes:

No problem , at Manchester airport you just need to let the police inspect it ( on top of your trolley ,  in front of the other passengers . Then an airline employee has to keep it in his hand until the flight leaves 
Hope he has good eyesight then  !

And seemingly into Shooting Times!

And throughout turbulence !

I keep all of my imitation fire arms cased in their genuine imitation leather cases and there has never been a problem.

Same fake news has made another shooting magazine, along with a fake name and picture  !

Latest posts

Back