Hello from West Oxon!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeThornett

I’ve already had the pleasure of meeting several members of this forum over the past 12 months or so in person but I finally gave in and registered this week. 

I’ve been shooting since I was a small child and shot clays a lot between the age of 12 - 18. Now, having finally got life on track(!) I decided it was time to dust off my gun, 19 years later! I started with the intention of doing one shoot per month, that has quickly moved to 2-4 per month! 😂

I shot ESP for Oxfordshire as a junior so I wasn’t a bad shot all those years ago. Coming back to it has been a rollercoaster of highs and lows and I’m now really working on getting some sort of consistency from which to build on. 

To give an idea of the highs and lows - joint high gun on 49/50 (missed last target!) at a reg shoot one week, a couple of weeks later 56/100 at westfield! 🤦🏼‍♂️

I don’t mind admitting I’m finding it pretty frustrating at the moment too and over thinking it is waking me up at night! However I’ve had some really good advice from people and read some good articles which will hopefully help that!

Also really proud to have the backing of the team at Brierley Guns too, it’s great the guys there have confidence in me!

Despite the bumpy road, I’m always looking forward to my next day out - a very cold afternoon at Weston Wood tomorrow next then! 👍🏻

Hi Lee,we haven’t met yet which is ironic as i live just around the corner from you!fencing man in black Hilux.im sure i’ll bump into you and your old chap at some point.yes the clayshooting is definitely a frustrating game,finding the balance between being focused but not too uptight makes a big difference for me,once I’d chilled out and stopped putting unnecessary pressure on myself my scores improved.have fun at Weston Wood tomorrow 💥👍

Hi Lee,we haven’t met yet which is ironic as i live just around the corner from you!fencing man in black Hilux.im sure i’ll bump into you and your old chap at some point.yes the clayshooting is definitely a frustrating game,finding the balance between being focused but not too uptight makes a big difference for me,once I’d chilled out and stopped putting unnecessary pressure on myself my scores improved.have fun at Weston Wood tomorrow 💥👍
Hi mate, often spot you parked outside the Co-op or walk the dog passed your place! :)  That’s exactly what the problem is, the more I miss, the harder I try which makes it worse! 😂 

Thanks, looking out the window now it’s going to be a cold one! 

Hi Lee,

I'm west Oxon too...I've seen you about and said hello in passing but never properly introduced myself.

Know what you mean about trying too hard! I felt that I was starting to make some steady progress last summer, only to start messing about changing guns, doh!, am currently trying to get back on track though not really been able to get out much recently.

Will say Hi when I see you next  :)  

Latest posts

Back