OT Score's

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin_b

Guys, Had 4 rounds of OT practice this morning and scored myself ( honestly) using a game clicker.  Scores were 17,19,17,&20 which I was pleasantly surprised by.

On 14/3 I'm officially a veteran shooter so i was wondering if I shot something similar in a competition, would I 

A: Take home the silverware..

B: Be fighting relegation.

C: Achieve mid table mediocrity.

Cheers (point of this is my CPSA membership is up and I'm deciding weather to upgrade from Culbman, which only seems to make sense if you shoot comps')

The honest truth is even in veterans you won't be anywhere, sorry to be blunt

I am in vets if you shoot less than 23 in any round put the gun in the car and do a sharp exit from the ground  :wink:  when finnished.

With the likes of Mr Peel in vets you may need to shoot straight !

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys. I may have a go at a comp' anyway, just for fun. whilst trying to avoid any Olympic medalist's!

Thanks Guys. I may have a go at a comp' anyway, just for fun. whilst trying to avoid any Olympic medalist's!
You may have a chance in D class to pick up something as for winning vets I think not for now ! 

I'm afraid what IPS and Balltrap say is true. At selection and championship shoots, Despite what British Shooting would like you to believe a lot of the top scores will have been put in by the Vets. And theres plenty od vets that can put in top scores that don't bother anymore.

But  and a big BUT. it's all about enjoying the sport', trying your best and attempting to improve within your own means.    Winning is just a bonus. .

If you are entering competitions on the basis that you will win something you will be disappointed with those scores as, down here anyway, the vet category is the most competitive. However why be negative about things? Shooting in competition whether you are a great shot or not is the only form of shooting worth doing... in my opinion. Training means absolutely nothing in real terms I personally would rather hit 23's in competition than bang out 25's in training. One bright spot on my otherwise gloomy horizon in the vet category down here is that the prizes do go way down the list, for example if there are say 20 entries in the category then prizes go right down to tenth place so I have usually a chance of getting my entry fee back the winner gets €85... tenth gets €35 !

I am in vets if you shoot less than 23 in any round put the gun in the car and do a sharp exit from the ground  :wink:  when finnished.

With the likes of Mr Peel in vets you may need to shoot straight !
Do you have a special routine for getting your gun used to seeing the light after all that time stuffed in the boot of the car then balltrap ?  :lol:  ... you are spot on though. Even down where I shoot where there are no Olympic gold medalists you need to shoot 95+ to win but as said because of the way the prize fund is split you can get something back for a 90.

It's not about winning it's the taking part.

BS, who penned the above. 😁

I got fed up of getting nowhere even with a reasonably good score and after thirty odd years years enough is enough. Yes I have some silverware and yes I have high gunned numerous occasions but the standard and more importantly the consistency in comp trap these days is so high that in reality only a dozen or so need bother to unslip the gun the rest are merely making up the squad... cynical.....moi

It's not about winning it's the taking part.

BS, who penned the above. 😁
I agree to a certain extent Ian but I get a buzz out of competition even though I rarely win anything. I am relatively new to the game but I am improving all the time and now even straights are becoming more regular. I would rather shoot comps than training though. I do think that one thing that grinds my cogs is the people who shoot in lower cats and get prize money for being ... crap! Most of them have been at it for longer than me but because I am in the vet cat I am lumbered with lots of good shooters so prizes and winning are that much harder to achieve ... competitions should be scratch I think :lol:

martin_b - - - - 

So even if the comps are nothing more than expensive practice  ........................  who cares?  If the $ are not a problem and you enjoy doing it then WTF biz is it of anyone's what you do?  I have never noticed that OT comps are so massively attended that you would be any sort of inconvenience.  Actually the organizers should give you a hearty thanks for chipping in.

so do what you like and screw anyone who objects to your presence

your $

your time

your effort

your choice

If you are entering competitions on the basis that you will win something you will be disappointed with those scores as, down here anyway, the vet category is the most competitive. However why be negative about things? Shooting in competition whether you are a great shot or not is the only form of shooting worth doing... in my opinion. Training means absolutely nothing in real terms I personally would rather hit 23's in competition than bang out 25's in training. One bright spot on my otherwise gloomy horizon in the vet category down here is that the prizes do go way down the list, for example if there are say 20 entries in the category then prizes go right down to tenth place so I have usually a chance of getting my entry fee back the winner gets €85... tenth gets €35 !

Do you have a special routine for getting your gun used to seeing the light after all that time stuffed in the boot of the car then balltrap ?  :lol:  ... you are spot on though. Even down where I shoot where there are no Olympic gold medalists you need to shoot 95+ to win but as said because of the way the prize fund is split you can get something back for a 90.
No you ass wipe i picked up more times than I lost last year !  :lol: I just failed in the bigger shoots

Now how did I know that a bit of humour would be met with vitriol ?
Do not plant seeds if you do not want anything to grow 
mindless.gif

Back