Miroku 38 vs Zoli Kronos

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarsJ

Ladies and Gentlemen. 

I'm hovering between the above mentioned guns. Both are trap models with adjustable comb and fixed chokes. Prices differ with a couple of 100£. They both mount good (and I shoot premount in OT). I do not have the opportunity to test shoot them both against each other. So would like to pick the combined knowledge of in this forum to which to go for. And reason why would be appreciated. They are both used. 

Lars 

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I would say is that anywhere in the world, any time , any gunsmith , the Miroku is the one that I would have confidence in for the supply of parts and service .  It’s the one that everybody knows , it’s probably in my humble opinion the nearest thing to a “do it all gun “ that you can buy.  

Impossible to give meaningful advice here, the Kronos is mechanically and inherently the better gun owing to several factors such as removable trigger group and ease of maintenance on the ejectors for instance, their barrels are also all chromed, not so with all Miroku's. 

On the plus side the Miroku enjoys a better reputation and will therefore be easier to trade in or sell on. You cannot make a "correct" decision here without first shooting them, I understand you can't in this case but the choice will therefore have to be an emotional one at this stage. 

I would go zoli nicer looking and just to be different 😃

Impossible to give meaningful advice here, the Kronos is mechanically and inherently the better gun owing to several factors such as removable trigger group and ease of maintenance on the ejectors for instance, their barrels are also all chromed, not so with all Miroku's. 

On the plus side the Miroku enjoys a better reputation and will therefore be easier to trade in or sell on. You cannot make a "correct" decision here without first shooting them, I understand you can't in this case but the choice will therefore have to be an emotional one at this stage. 
Hit the nail on the head there, that is exactly my thoughts. That's why I asked 😉 

The problem is most gunshops in Denmark is far from a shooting ground (and even further from a trap layout). I have tried the Miroku and liked it. The review as mentioned above is praising the Kronos but it seems the reviews in magazines praise everything that goes bang.  That's why I like this forum (without a doubt the best online forum for clayshooting), opinions here are often well founded by user of great and many years experience, both as hobby shooters but also on competition level. 

I would go zoli nicer looking
Yes, but I prefer  a good cook that I can get along with, instead of starving and not being able to talk the airhead supermodel. But like to look at the supermodel 😜 now if I just could afford the cooking, intelligent supermodel. 

Just to be different 😃
I have seen more Zolis on the line than Mirokus here in Denmark. 

I would go zoli nicer looking and just to be different 😃
Says a man that shoots Beretta's...................

Looks are not as important as feel and reliability  :angel:  

Hit the nail on the head there, that is exactly my thoughts. That's why I asked 😉 

The problem is most gunshops in Denmark is far from a shooting ground (and even further from a trap layout). I have tried the Miroku and liked it. The review as mentioned above is praising the Kronos but it seems the reviews in magazines praise everything that goes bang.  That's why I like this forum (without a doubt the best online forum for clayshooting), opinions here are often well founded by user of great and many years experience, both as hobby shooters but also on competition level. 

Yes, but I prefer  a good cook that I can get along with, instead of starving and not being able to talk the airhead supermodel. But like to look at the supermodel 😜 now if I just could afford the cooking, intelligent supermodel. 

I have seen more Zolis on the line than Mirokus here in Denmark. 
Get the miroku then 😀

Just for info : Based on my own MK38 the barrels are chrome lined apart of course from the muzzles ,  which are not should you wish to have the “choke”  opened up . The way to tell the later guns is that they have only half a non ventilated mid  rib ,  (If you’re  not buying new have a quick Google and the Miroku date code is easy to find )  . The  barrel portion under the fore-end has no mid rib at all. The chambers are 2 3/4”  as it is a competition gun , no pretence of ever needing a  3” shell. Barrels are back bored and have a standard short forcing cone. In grade 5 , for what it’s worth I think it’s one of the nices loooking guns around , Miroku have not fallen into the trap of making it  “ snazzy “ , it’s just classical .  I’m a bit anal about faults on guns , and in common with all the tall action Browning guns , you will find the bottom firing pin will quickly show signs of pitting, this is not a major issue and many guns fire like this for their lifetime .  Being me I’ve had a J & P upgrade pin and spring kit installed , I had this delivered directly from the USA .  I’ve never used a Zoli so can’t comment on them .  

Maybe the gun trade in Denmark likes the Zoli. Its certainly not he case over here. They are beautifully made and very reliable - but used prices reflect their popularity.

i have owned both . i traded in my miroku MK38 Trap for the zoli Kronos and i have no regrets . the mikoru is a great gun no doubt about it but the zoli is far superior . the trigger in the zoli is soooooo much better than the miroku . i really cant over emphasise this its like comparing night to day . the zoli is a faster handling gun aswell with less felt recoil . i mainly shoot DTL /ABT and OT and the zoli Kronos is a dream to shoot . cant fault it . i do prefer the rib on the miroku but other than that the zoli is leagues ahead 

The Kronos has a removeable trigger aswell and the ejectors are simple to remove and clean . and it comes in a hard casewith a spares kit containing new pins and springs and a T- bar allan key to remove the trigger .

i have put thousands upon thousands of rounds through my zoli since getting . never once did it fail to fire 

. i do prefer the rib on the miroku.
Zoli will put any rib design you want on one if you order it.

There"s a guy in the north of Englsnd who visited the factory in Italy organised by the dealer network amd specified a Miroku tupe rib. 

Ladies and Gentlemen. 

I'm hovering between the above mentioned guns. Both are trap models with adjustable comb and fixed chokes. Prices differ with a couple of 100£. They both mount good (and I shoot premount in OT). I do not have the opportunity to test shoot them both against each other. So would like to pick the combined knowledge of in this forum to which to go for. And reason why would be appreciated. They are both used. 

Lars 
I'm a huge fan of miroku , they take some beating  in every dept !  but they do look a tad dated  these days ,  I shot a zoli recently  and was very impressed ! :ahappy:

You must choose what suits you best. Just be aware that you will lose a lot of money when you decide to move on from the Zoli.

You must choose what suits you best. Just be aware that you will lose a lot of money when you decide to move on from the Zoli.
That depends, I made a couple of hundred quid despite spending money on having the mid rib removed (which meant re-blacking the barrels) and having an adjustable comb plus Isis green pad fitted ! 

So you bought a new Zoli, spent hundreds on it and then sold it and made a profit? You really are something special Hammy.

I've made a decision recently to go down a similar route as the Zoli.  My Browning 725 Black S3 with a Trap forend has been great up to a point, but its too short for me in the stock with nowhere near enough cast.  I was forever mounting and seeing down the left hand edge of the rib.  Also after shooting some Top quality guns of other peoples the Browning just feels a bit......agricultural. 

Anyway, I so wanted to find a blaser that fits me, but have had no luck, and in the end I test drove a Salvinelli Exclusive from Potters.  Still not long enough, but with more cast than my gun it felt nice in the shop.  I've since put it through its paces at Willow farm.

I have found it to handle and feel like a gun that costs a lot more.  It feels to have the same quality as a lot more expensive gun too.  The salvinelli comes with a custom built stock.  I had a gun fitting at EJ Churchill on the 24th.  With a properly fitted gun the guys there had be destroying big driven, some crossers, and the midi going away teal which is on the churchill challenge. 

I now have to take those measurements to Potters, order my gun, and pay 5 bags. In 3 months I'll have my salvenelli.  I don't intend to part with it, so the depreciation isn't such a worry.

So you bought a new Zoli, spent hundreds on it and then sold it and made a profit? You really are something special Hammy.

•  
You need to click on the "Quote" when addressing a particular reply/person, anyway the OP made it clear both guns were used and I made no reference to having purchased my Kronos new !  :rolleyes:  If memory serves it stood me in at £1400 after having spent close to £600 on pad/recoil reuducer and barrel work but then like your good wiley old self I know what to pay.

Ladies and Gentlemen. 

Lars

Back