New sporter shotgun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul mooney

I’m buying a new sporter and have narrowed my choice to a Browning 725 pro sport or a Blaser F16 sporting, any viewson either gun or anyone have either comments /views welcome

Welcome to the board...

Being males in 'thinking of buying an expensive toy/gadget mode'  means that we have a tendency to buy into the concept of something, read all the brochures and find the on-line reviews and then try and figure out if the reviewers are biased in one direction or the other and then getting confused as hell... :frown:

They are most likely both more than adequate guns however you need to find something that fits you perfectly and then that's the one you need to buy...

Two totally different feeling guns. I shoot an f3 (similar ergonomics to the f16) and also having shot a mates pro sport I can say they are worlds apart. For me the blaser’s slim and sleek, but the browning felt like there’s a lot of wood with a wide beaver tail forend and a chunky stock. You need to shoot both to get a feel of which one suits you

I have shot F16 but just handled a 725 Pro Sporter on Salzburg hunting show. As other said - two very different guns. When you will handle and even better - shoot both, you cannot fail to develop a preference for one or other of them.

For me (I am strongly biased Browning/Miroku type) I'd take Browning blindfolded, anytime.

I have handled both guns at the recent shooting show in the NEC I agree with the comments the Blaser feels slimmer and the browning quite substantial, to be honest the F16 felt right every time I mounted it the browning wasn’t bad either on the other hand it could be the more versitile gun certainly feels as if it’s built to last. You definitely get a lot of extras/toys with the browning 

Saying you are buying a new sporter - what was your old one and why are you looking for a new one - any particular reason based on old one?

What discipline are you going to shoot, are you going to use it for game shooting as well - F16 has 76mm chambers while B725 has 70mm?

I have Silver pigeon 3 sporter and just fancy a change, it’ll be mostly compact sporting, ocassional DTL and some game shooting but I do most of my game shooting with a 20 bore beretta. 

I have Silver pigeon 3 sporter and just fancy a change, it’ll be mostly compact sporting, ocassional DTL and some game shooting but I do most of my game shooting with a 20 bore beretta. 
I think you will prefer the F16 by the sound of it. But do try both. 

The ProSport is certainly a beefy gun compared to the F16. It's a decision I'd struggle with because I like the extra weight of the Browning but the Blaser is slimmer and has rather better triggers. They're both very good of course but personally, at that price point I wouldn't pick either.

I tried a 692 Black recently and loved it. I know the early ones had some quality issues, but if that side is OK..

I tried one also but found it nearly too light and wand like if that makes sense, the browning and Blaser seem much more stable and controllable 

What would you go for at this price point if not the browning nor the Blaser?
One of the CGs, probably an Invictus. I've tried both the Browning and the F16 (also 692s and 690s) and in my book the CGs, especially the Ascent versions, have the weight without the bulk and cumbersome feel of the Browning, and yet more gun in the hands than the F16 - they also have the best triggers of any mid range gun.

Just my thoughts - everyone's different though.

One of the CGs, probably an Invictus. I've tried both the Browning and the F16 (also 692s and 690s) and in my book the CGs, especially the Ascent versions, have the weight without the bulk and cumbersome feel of the Browning, and yet more gun in the hands than the F16 - they also have the best triggers of any mid range gun.

Just my thoughts - everyone's different though.
It would take very little to turn the Invictus into a truly Great package, it's priced right and has lots going for it. 

I’m buying a new sporter and have narrowed my choice to a Browning 725 pro sport or a Blaser F16 sporting, any viewson either gun or anyone have either comments /views welcome
my mate used a 725 fine guns , he now has the f16    the f16 is superb  and built like a swiss watch .     demo one   recoil is non existent .    

Latest posts

Back