Hello from Burnley

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob4026

Hello everyone, 

New shooter here. Well, shotguns anyway. Been using air rifles for many years, and now finally got the clay bug. 

Not joined a club yet, or got my shotgun certificate, but proper enjoying the shooting. 

No doubt I shall be mithering you all for info, but I’m a quick learner so hopefully will be contributing properly soon enough. 

Atb

bob

Welcome.

Kellbrook and coniston will be your closest grounds 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi , Yes as the guys above say you are lucky enough to have  Kelbrook and Coniston within an easy drive.  In fact if you are just beginning your journey with shotguns you could do far worse than  booking a couple of lesson with Mike  Meggison at Kelbrook. With a missed " bird " costing around 50 pence for the clay and a cartridge getting a good foundation at the start of your shooting career will pay back thousands of  times over a lifetime .  Both of those grounds operate 6 days a week , and have  systems with solo delays so are ideal for practicing . Also don't discount a drive across the M62 to Park Lodge , they have some very beginner friendly stands there with single  targets ,  then everything up to and including probably the best high  tower of the professional grounds around here . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone,

Been shooting at Coniston Cold, enjoyed it immensely - great set up.

Visited Kelbrook too but not shot there yet, and had a good chat with Aaron.

Think I will follow the advice from you Martyn and book a lesson or two to ensure I don't pick up bad habits.

Cheers for the warm welcome

Bob

Latest posts

Back