British Shooting Show

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

Who went ? What did you think of it ?

I have been to everyone since its inception , Newark , Stoneleigh and now the NEC.

I doubt that I will go to another one ! Ridiculous queues for food & drink , horrendous prices, ridiculous queueing to get in on opening day ( doors opened 40 minutes later than advertised), ridiculous aisle congestion, major exhibitors not present .

Did I really need to buy Fudge or Cheese at the British Shooting Show? No !

That is precisely why I do not go.  I just do not want a day of crowds, queues and expensive food.  If I am going to go to one it needs to be outside for me and even then I would think twice.

I have never thought of going to one seriously doesn't sound like the organisers do either...just want the money.

Same with everything these days,first game fair i went to the CLA at Broadlands years ago brilliant show and great clay competitions now every year we get the same watered down crap thats a fraction of the size from Countryman.

I spent my money far more wisely and went shooting  :D

This is the first time that I haven't gone since its inception.  Stoneleigh Park was gradually becoming more and more predictable, and I couldn't see how the NEC would be any different.

The first Northern Shooting Show was great, but I thought last year's was poor in comparison. I'll maybe give it another chance this year, but I think these shows are generally overpriced. The only good thing about them is being able to see any new products that are available - and then go home and buy them cheaper online. ;)

Les , correct , but you can also see any new product online rather than paying entrance to a show.

Shooting magazines are the same now , Clay Shooting Magazine March 2018 absolute tosh , new 'Consultant Editor' ( means they cannot afford a proper one or find a proper one) seems as though he has little subject knowledge but contributes three articles + a couple from No bad Gun Vic Harker and that's your lot. I ignored Ed Lyons eyesight article because I couldn't see it.

I went saturday. No trouble getting in or parking. Food was too expensive but that was expected, Isles were to narrow and more exhibitors would have been nice.

How ever I did get a buy on a new pair of Meindl boots that I wanted, A gambrel for muntjac, New pair of trousers and the under keeper I went with got a good buy on a new Franchi Affinity. 

So what shooting shows / events do we actually rate ?

ATB

Matt

I went saturday. No trouble getting in or parking. Food was too expensive but that was expected, Isles were to narrow and more exhibitors would have been nice.

How ever I did get a buy on a new pair of Meindl boots that I wanted, A gambrel for muntjac, New pair of trousers and the under keeper I went with got a good buy on a new Franchi Affinity. 

So what shooting shows / events do we actually rate ?

ATB

Matt
None!

I think what we really need is a big show combined with a big shoot and several other minor shooting events,flush,compak,rabbit mania,muzzle loaders,etc

Pretty much what the game fair was the first time i went and have not seen the like of since,could have done 2 days there!

Everything is a rip off now,first time i shot at countryman it was free entry if you shot twice now you have to pay to get in to the fair to get to the shooting line!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well once again it depends if your face fits . Some get into the fair free. :wink:

Latest posts

Back