Prize Money

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rupert

Hoping a seasoned prize winner can clarify the letter of the law so to speak.

A pal is on his way back fro Oak Lodge having won his class last month with 2 Quid, 1.50 for 2nd and third.

They state they pay the HG prize from comp entries, i understood that was paid by the ground from shoot entries A Carrot so to speak.

They state they Add and divide across the classes. I doubt very much AA winner drew 2 quid for his efforts but i speculate.

I did think the class money was made up of Comp entries in that class then split among the winners in that class. So in C Class where we are 20 entries is 100 quid so 100 for the top lads in C ????

Have i got it wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

A pal is on his way back fro Oak Lodge having won his class last month with 2 Quid, 1.50 for 2nd and third.

They state they pay the HG prize from comp entries, i understood that was paid by the ground from shoot entries A Carrot so to speak.

They state they Add and divide across the classes. I doubt very much AA winner drew 2 quid for his efforts but i speculate.

I did think the class money was made up of Comp entries in that class then split among the winners in that class. So in C Class where we are 20 entries is 100 quid so 100 for the top lads in C ????

Have i got it wrong?
The normal way of doing it, is HG money is separate, donated by the ground. (I did even win a shoot once going BO but still got paid the HG money).

Then class prizes come from all the £5 (or whatever) is paid in to a pot. Most grounds will then pay the same prizes to 1,2,3 in each class from that pot. (EJC do this). I think some grounds may pay back exactly from each class. So I believe this is at grounds discretion 

Thanks Will,  I have just been back over the scores report for that shoot, they drew £190 in comp entries and paid 2 quid to Win C class and 5 quid across that class. Another pal won B so i will get to know what that was worth.

You are, its an insult, 3 people in C went comp, so they used a 10 er to prop up the better shooters

Have i got it wrong?
How much £ was comp entry? As three “won” prize money that suggests at least three paid comp entry at the £ rate,

Oops see my fingers slower that your reply, its a shame for your chum that only three in Class went comp, I would have asked questions to the ground on the day, your chum maybe now chasing a lost cause 

Last edited by a moderator:
Comp entry was a fiver, 3 in c class paid,12 in B,10 in A and 13 AA 

C Class paid !st £2 and 1,50 to 2nd and 3rd

B class winner drew 30 

If there were really only a few C class entries, then, well really they shouldn’t be taking big prizes from other classes.. I think this shows that shoots should be allowed to take a view on this and appoint prizes as per how the shoot dictates. However, no way you should be able to pay £5 to enter comp, win it and get less than £5. That’s just nuts. Common sense needed..

in a normal (down south, massive entry) scenario, there is a school of thought that the equal prizes across classes is fair. Often there are fewer AA entries than others, but hey, these guys have spent a fortune becoming that good and paid their dues when in C class. 

This kind of thing, paying less in class than the class contributed dissuades people from entering the comp,and the contribution to the HG prize deffo a no no for us.  A chat this evening with our class comrades has shown an ignorance to this practice and a predictable reduction in fivers offered.

If there were really only a few C class entries, then, well really they shouldn’t be taking big prizes from other classes.. I think this shows that shoots should be allowed to take a view on this and appoint prizes as per how the shoot dictates. However, no way you should be able to pay £5 to enter comp, win it and get less than £5. That’s just nuts. Common sense needed..

in a normal (down south, massive entry) scenario, there is a school of thought that the equal prizes across classes is fair. Often there are fewer AA entries than others, but hey, these guys have spent a fortune becoming that good and paid their dues when in C class. 
So C class shooters deserve less prize money than AA shooters? How does that work then?

You would like to think ,that the grounds sponsor the HG prize >? and all fivers stay in the class they were paid into ...but it all seems to depend on entry numbers nowadays, arguments,and worthy points from all sides .CPSA jib out by saying at reg shoots the ground only has to pay back the dif between T/O and Comp !!!,to where they see fit ? have seen some right cobble ups and still do ...just remember grounds still make the same (or they should ) if you all shoot T/O !!!! you pays your money and takes your chance .... not happy don't attend , doubt you can  change whats going on , they all have buckets full of excuses hahaha :ph34r:

So C class shooters deserve less prize money than AA shooters? How does that work then?
That skewed the principle of what I said, which was its reasonable to pay 1,2,3 equally in all classes, even if there are a few less entries in one of the classes. But equally if there are only three entries in a class it would be stupid to pay them all the same as another class which had 25 entries. For this reason I think grounds need to adopt a case by case policy. 

That skewed the principle of what I said, which was its reasonable to pay 1,2,3 equally in all classes, even if there are a few less entries in one of the classes. But equally if there are only three entries in a class it would be stupid to pay them all the same as another class which had 25 entries. For this reason I think grounds need to adopt a case by case policy. 
In my naievity I thought all the £5 were put into the pot for the particular class or category where they have them and then got paid out.  I won Ladies somewhere - 3 Ladies shot and I might have been the only one that went comp although possibly 2 of us and I didn’t even win my £5 back.  I don’t know why perhaps they decided then to put my money in the class win?

In my naievity I thought all the £5 were put into the pot for the particular class or category where they have them and then got paid out.  I won Ladies somewhere - 3 Ladies shot and I might have been the only one that went comp although possibly 2 of us and I didn’t even win my £5 back.  I don’t know why perhaps they decided then to put my money in the class win?
Ladies, juniors, colts often get treated a bit differently as the grounds may have advertised prizes I suppose 

Latest posts

Back