Velocity + 8's

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamster

I've been using their 7.5's for a good few months now since dropping Eley Superbs due to rising costs and excellent they are too so was very happy to hear Gamebore are said to be starting to offer these in 8's which have always been my favourite. 

I've been using their 7.5's for a good few months now since dropping Eley Superbs due to rising costs and excellent they are too so was very happy to hear Gamebore are said to be starting to offer these in 8's which have always been my favourite. 
That’s great news. Will certainly try those as I’ve used the 7.5s when in need, but want 8s. 

I note they are bringing out NEW 26grm Hyper Velocity as well ...do you think they just noticed the Hull Superfast?

I am sure it will be brilliant no longer will we have to worry just about shot size also the exact grammage...i.m sure it is going to make a massive difference!

I note they are bringing out NEW 26grm Hyper Velocity as well ...do you think they just noticed the Hull Superfast?

I am sure it will be brilliant no longer will we have to worry just about shot size also the exact grammage...i.m sure it is going to make a massive difference!
Better for recoil whimps like me (although I only use light guns) and a good step between 28 and 24g high I normally use, I will be keen to try in fibre if the price is less than Evo

Last edited by a moderator:
What we all need to known is the price. If pitched just right then 26grm could become the normal.

I've been thinking of a change to 24grm but with this offering maybe I'll go with these.

I too will be keen to try the 8's, all they need to do then is put them in a clear case, the grey and black cases have always looked a bit poor.

I think the hyper velocity are only going to be a temporary load while stocks last, so looks like they are testing the market with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive heard that the Hyper velocity are so fast its possible to shoot behind a 40 yard crosser and still hit it.
Still NOT as fast as the 'Superfarts'...................the clay breaks before I pull the trigger,  when using them  !       :angel:

the superfast's have a very big problem.  they are no good on any clay showing belly as the shot is so fast it goes straight through without breaking it.

strange different peoples perception of cartridge, the velocity plus is the only cartridge i have felt uncomfortable using due to percieved thumpiness but lots of people find them easy

Have you tried Eley Olympics?much cheaper than Superbs,ive gone back to them from Rio,only ditched them due to the odd misfire that became more frequent.since going back no misfires in 2k,was having  at least three every reg shoot?.Theres something about them that suits my F3,great kills?Just a tad thumpy but imo if you feel it on your shoulder then at least you know there’s a bit of poke coming out the other end.?

Have you tried Eley Olympics?much cheaper than Superbs,ive gone back to them from Rio,only ditched them due to the odd misfire that became more frequent.since going back no misfires in 2k,was having  at least three every reg shoot?.Theres something about them that suits my F3,great kills?Just a tad thumpy but imo if you feel it on your shoulder then at least you know there’s a bit of poke coming out the other end.?
I've used plenty of Olympics in the past, they're dearer than Vel+ and for me not as good, always found the recoil a bit craggy compared to Superbs. 

Better for recoil whimps like me (although I only use light guns) and a good step between 28 and 24g high I normally use, I will be keen to try in fibre if the price is less than Evo
Unlikely as they are quoted as 1500fps same as superfasts which i perceive as a bit kicky only 1gm difference in weight be impressed if you can tell the difference,BUT we will see ;)

Unlikely as they are quoted as 1500fps same as superfasts which i perceive as a bit kicky only 1gm difference in weight be impressed if you can tell the difference,BUT we will see ;)
Quite probably true, I will give them a go and report back.

Slightly off topic, but recoil really is a strange thing, I notice it much more on clays than game and what some people find thumpy others don’t and vice versa.

i definately shoot better with 24g than 28 due to less recoil (I assume) but they don’t inspire confidence as much as a healthy whack from Fblack, Blue Diamond etc..

Does anyone else find with volocity`s that when you shoot into the wind you get a bit of gritty dust back at you (unburnt powder possibly)?

Ive not found it with the Evo`s so have stuck to these. I don`t believe it to be storage as I store them all in the same place and don`t have the issue with any other cartridges.

ATB

Matt

Does anyone else find with volocity`s that when you shoot into the wind you get a bit of gritty dust back at you (unburnt powder possibly)?

Ive not found it with the Evo`s so have stuck to these. I don`t believe it to be storage as I store them all in the same place and don`t have the issue with any other cartridges.

ATB

Matt
I haven't noticed anything like that but I will say that I have deliberately not kept them at room temp which I normally do and still found them to not only function perfectly well stone cold but the barrels have been clean as ever afterwards. 

So Hammy have you tried the Velocity 8s yet? If so what’s the verdict?
Supplies have yet to arrive at the dealer, will see tomorrow morning, I too would be surprised if they're anything other than excellent. 

On a different note Gamebore have started to offer these in 26g loads for nearasdammit the same money which seems odd  :mellow:   I'd be interested in peoples views on these if and when they get the chance to try some. 

Back