Noob!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robden

Greetings image.gif.    A bit about myself.

Right then. To start off with........I'm an old f**t. Yeah, I actually remember where I was and what I was doing when JFK copped it. 

When I lived in Suffolk I had eight shotguns.   A couple of 410s, A Russian 20g side by side hammer (no proof marks), a o/u Baikal (of course), a Browning semi auto and a couple of others. Our house backed onto farmland and the farmer gave his permission to shoot on said farmland. I bought a cheap clay thrower and great fun was had by all. 

Anyway, later on I took early retirement, we bought a boat, sold up and lived on the boat for the next ten years. Unfortunately it was so much hassle to get permission to take a gun on the boat that I sold my guns and returned the SGC to the old Bill police.  Been back on terra firma for about two years and living in Cheshire. Now I'm on my own and getting a bit bored at times, I went and shot at a few clays  at a nearby shooting school. I say "shot at" because I missed most of them, (are they smaller now?) but......the feel, the sound......and the smell brought it all back. 

The next day I started the process of getting another SGC. image.gif   That's where I am now.  :watch:   .  I am or was, quite heavily into watches but now I keep looking and reading about shotguns. In fact I quite fancy the ATA adjustable Sporter to start off with...........unless, of course, you persuade me otherwise. 

Thanks for reading this diatribe and please be prepared to answer some really stupid questions.

"What's that? Yes nurse, I know, but the door was unlocked!"

Rob....

Welcome and good luck with getting going again. Standard advice is a good used Browning Beretta or Miroku all day long. 

Welcome and good luck with getting going again. Standard advice is a good used Browning Beretta or Miroku all day long. 
Thanks for the welcome. Now I may be wrong here, (I usually am) but one of the reasons I liked the ATA is that they are built using Beretta tooling but it has a mechanical trigger.

Please be aware that ATA are made to Beretta 68 series design , but are actually constructed using monkey droppings that are heated and forged into moulds , left to harden on a Turkish beach and then sold to unsuspecting Brits , good thing is they come with a lifetime guarantee endorsed by Robert Maxwell.

Please be aware that ATA are made to Beretta 68 series design , but are actually constructed using monkey droppings that are heated and forged into moulds , left to harden on a Turkish beach and then sold to unsuspecting Brits , good thing is they come with a lifetime guarantee endorsed by Robert Maxwell.
Thanks for that............I think. :huh:       Any suggestion?  Up to around a thousand, o/u 30" would prefer fixed chokes then I won't keep worrying about using the correct ones.

Rob....

Thanks for that............I think. :huh:       Any suggestion?  Up to around a thousand, o/u 30" would prefer fixed chokes then I won't keep worrying about using the correct ones.

Rob....
My advice stands. Should be easily able to achieve for £800-£1000. And then you can sell it in a year or two and keep most of the cash if needed. 

For a budget of £1000 you should easily find a very nice used Beretta 682 , Miroku , or possibly for a little more a Ceasar Guerini all of which will prove to be reliable and very good . As mentioned , check out Guntrader , but also ask at your local DECENT gunshop, they very often have trade ins not yet on show or listed , explain to the shop your requirements and your true , real budget and a good shop will try to help . 

Latest posts

Back