Wolverhampton based newbie

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlayTheClay

Hello all,

I'm in the process of applying for my shotgun certificate - just doing some research and in the process of getting a supporting statement from my GP.

Has anyone had any experience of applying for a shotgun certificate with a history of mental health? When I say history, it's minimal. I have no treatment in process and no medication etc. Haven't since 2012.

I'm looking for a new hobby and have a shooting ground on my doorstep. I'm looking forward to getting involved - hopefully - it's in the hands of my GP and the staffs constabulory I suppose.

it's in the hands of my GP and the staffs constabulory I suppose.
That's about it. If your GP is happy and everything else is okay then there's no reason for the police to refuse you. The GP referral system exists so that the police don't have to take responsibility if certificate holder causes injury or death with a shotgun due to mental health problems.

That's about it. If your GP is happy and everything else is okay then there's no reason for the police to refuse you. The GP referral system exists so that the police don't have to take responsibility if certificate holder causes injury or death with a shotgun due to mental health problems.
Thank you. I'm not the first or last person to have seen their GP with mental health concerns so I'm not too worried.

when you get your licence you will have loads of choice where to go shooting around the Midlands.

Millride is good and near to Wolves.

Hello .... welcome to the Forum!  :)

Good luck with your SGC application.   
13.gif

Latest posts

Back