Pistol grip

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maca

Later this year I'm going to invest in a second shotgun. Currently I have a cheap Browning citori which does me very well. One thing I would like in the new gun is more of a pistol grip. Currently I finding that I'm bending my wrist more than I'd like and if I shoot 100 clays it can hurt. I did badly sprain my wrist a couple of years ago and was told at the time it probably would never heal properly so anything which takes the strain off my wrist would be good.

What guns in the £1500 range would people advise as a good buy bearing in mind I'm 100% sporting clays, I don't do game. I'm also very much in the camp of a good second hand gun rather than new.

Later this year I'm going to invest in a second shotgun. Currently I have a cheap Browning citori which does me very well. One thing I would like in the new gun is more of a pistol grip. Currently I finding that I'm bending my wrist more than I'd like and if I shoot 100 clays it can hurt. I did badly sprain my wrist a couple of years ago and was told at the time it probably would never heal properly so anything which takes the strain off my wrist would be good.

What guns in the £1500 range would people advise as a good buy bearing in mind I'm 100% sporting clays, I don't do game. I'm also very much in the camp of a good second hand gun rather than new.
Why not have a stock made for your current gun?

I think you have two separate questions , the first is what is a good used gun for £1500 ? And that is one of those how long is a piece of string questions . Then the second one is what could a good stocker do to the stock ? so  that you can grip it and shoot it without  it hurting . I’d have a talk to a good gun fitter and see if they can tell you why your gun is causing discomfort . 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have two separate questions , the first is what is a good used gun for £1500 ? And that is one of those how long is a piece of string questions . Then the second one is what could a good stocker do to the stock ? so  that you can grip it and shoot it without  it hurting . I’d have a talk to a good gun fitter and see if they can tell you why your gun is causing discomfort . 
I have to agree, until you find out the exact cause of the problem the cure is going to be a bit of a lottery. The fact that the problem manifests itself after shooting a full round is also going to mean that merely handling or shooting a few pairs with friends guns might not tell you much. You might do well to try and shoot full rounds with borrowed guns before committing to anything. 

Browning 725 mk2 with adjustable comb, really positive pistol grip with palm swell, may have to pay a bit more, but l think it could be worth.

Latest posts

Back