Fiocchi Cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeF3

Hi All 

New to the site so apologise for any repeat posts.

I currently shoot fblacks 28g 7.5 (uk 7) out of 692 mainly 1/4 1/4 optima hp chokes on English sporting. 

How do people compare the officials to the  Fblack? I find the fblack very tight patterning but excellent kills at distance,

I’m after something a bit wider pattern along side the fblack, as I don’t like changing chokes.

Thanks in advance 

F3 Piston is the shell you are looking for Lee.................Guaranteed :D

From my experience having shot both over the past three years - initially blacks now officials - the officials are smoother more open shell than the blacks with very positive kills across the board albeit not with the theatrical disappearance of the clay that hallmarks the blacks. The officials also carry a cost premium of about £25 per thousand.

I’ve been looking at the  piston F3 Simbo thanks, I was tempted on a single cartridge and sticking to it is why I asked about the official. 

But I do like the good kills with the fblack so don’t want to discount them completely.

What about the f3 bior? 

Do your own testing like I did. I'm 3/8 fixed in both and Pistons fit the bill with F3 reds for the big birds............Blacks in your case.

Bior's didn't make me smile but my brother loves them through 3/4 fixed.

Check out the old F3 thread in carts for my Piston pattern test. :clover:

Will do thanks, 

looks like I will get some pistons.

Do people buy theirs local or are people getting them from just cartridges? 

Pistons are the shell you want. If loathe to change from the FBlack you could use the FBlack Sporting but I prefer the F3s. Cheapest place I've found is Kevin at Hereford Clays and Cartridges. Probably the best stocked of any Fiocchi dealer as well. 

F3 Piston is the shell you are looking for Lee.................Guaranteed :D
+1

I’ve been looking at the  piston F3 Simbo thanks, I was tempted on a single cartridge and sticking to it is why I asked about the official. 

But I do like the good kills with the fblack so don’t want to discount them completely.

What about the f3 bior? 
Been using a lot of Bior lately great for short/medium range birds ;)

Pistons hands down they break anything even at distance that's all I shoot

Latest posts

Back