Birmingham 2022: Shooting dropped from Commonwealth Games

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's absolutely nothing to do with political correctness. Whilst it's disappointing for the shooting sports, if you examine the games proposal in detail you'll realise it's a perfectly understandable decision.

And will not be reversed, no matter how many stupid petitions get signed. 

Heartening to know that such immoral and likely criminal activity is finally being addressed.  Leaves time and money for more teenie girls with painted on uniforms.  Tele-friendly sort of things.

I think given the timescales that Birmingham were given and the drive for all game events to be closer to the ame  city/ area on recent years. Building the ranges, which would be need to include rifle pistol and the shotgun would have been a tall order and that's before cost are  included.

I'm sure it would have been cheap enough to refurbish three layouts at Garlands for the trap and skeet. I'm sure there's also an MOD range for rifle and pistol nearby.

However that's too easy and no one would make any money out of it (unlike people on certain committees with vested interests paid to building temporary layouts which they then get paid to remove afterwards) *cough* Woolwich*cough*

Please note: this is a personal opinion and not one of the company I represent, which could lead me to getting my wrist slapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
However that's too easy and no one would make any money out of it (unlike people on certain committees with vested interests paid to building temporary layouts which they then get paid to remove afterwards) *cough* Woolwich*cough*
MY GOD, MAN!!  Do you mean to imply that someone would be so dastardly as to surreptitiously make some monetary gain off  of the honorable fellowship of Games????  Unbelievable! 

Latest posts

Back