Britain's Got Talent

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. I'm over 23, not supported by a loaded parent and have a job which has better long term prospects than the chances of 15 mins of fame.. 

No. I'm over 23, not supported by a loaded parent and have a job which has better long term prospects than the chances of 15 mins of fame.. 
What has age got to do with it? I went, lots of people over 30 there, offered places too. 

British Shooting have a very specific idea of the kind of individual they're after. Ability, whilst important, is far from the only factor.

There are many juniors within the trap world that have aspirations to make the international team with the parents of some having made a significant financial investment in helping their children pursue their goal. The majority have little or no chance of realising this ambition and, sadly, not always for reasons connected to their shooting performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oxfordshire, would it be too much to ask to have either a ground a bit further north or a second day arranged at a northern ground for those of us who don't think that Nottingham is a northern town?

They did a day at Beverly some time last year. 

I don't know why so many people are so down on this programme. What are you expecting that they aren't offering? You don't have to join in. They offer you help, they are clear on what you have to do - which is why I turned it down, thank you - and it's great for people who aren't already established on the scene. One of my friends has just done her first international competition, good for her. Yes, you have to have time and money but you have to have that to do any kind of shooting or any kind of competition.

They did a day at Beverly some time last year. 

I don't know why so many people are so down on this programme. What are you expecting that they aren't offering? You don't have to join in. They offer you help, they are clear on what you have to do - which is why I turned it down, thank you - and it's great for people who aren't already established on the scene. One of my friends has just done her first international competition, good for her. Yes, you have to have time and money but you have to have that to do any kind of shooting or any kind of competition.

Yes you do have to have the time & money. However you have to dance to their tune which on thr face of it seems reasonable. But  if you have to work and can't  you are banished from their club and the support. Ask you friend to turn down the next couple of training day due to work/ education comittments which most people who seriously look at the long term pro's and cons tend to do, see how long it takes to turn as  sour as for those that have already trod the path.

So if your asking what are people expecting that they aren't offering then it would be.. Accept that not everyone can afford not to work, have responsibilities, not want to jeopardise a decent career on the slim pickings that Shooting offers, have other life ambitions (Seriouly would  anyone give up training in Medicine, Law, Engineering, Teaching etc). Accept that those that can't commit may have just as much desire and will be just as, if not more talented than someone who's finance is not dependant on their own effort, have no real responsibilities and can drop everything when told to go break pottery.

If you friend is over 30 I'll stand to be corrected on age. 

No, the friend I am thinking of is in her twenties. I'm not going to speculate on whether she supports herself, I know she works. If she can meet the talent pathway requirements, good for her. Others I know aren't interested and have gone independently into international competition. The talent pathway is like Oxbridge, if you fit the mould, great, that's how they get good results. If you don't fit the mould then it doesn't mean you wont' succeed through a different route. 

I'm going, it's only 20 minutes from home. I've got plenty of time on my hands, so can make any training dates. I  have a shooting fund provided monthly by the DWP???

I'm going, it's only 20 minutes from home. I've got plenty of time on my hands, so can make any training dates. I  have a shooting fund provided monthly by the DWP???
Do they allow guns on the Community Transport Service 

getresource.axd

Latest posts

Back