Carrying your gun on a motorbike

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shagrat

Hi Chaps,

Anyone got any bright ideas how to carry a gun on a motorbike?

I live in Totton (nr Southampton) and shoot at Bisley (NCSC), so it's a 120 mile round trip for me, which, when the weather is nice, I often take my bike.

I break the gun down and put the stock in a back pack, with the barrels/fore end in a gun slip, which again goes in the backpack.  My bag with cartridges etc goes on a small rack on the back of the bike.

Just wondered if anyone goes shooting on their bike and if so, how they carry their gun.  

Cheers

Pete

Hi Chaps,

I live in Totton (nr Southampton) and shoot at Bisley (NCSC), so it's a 120 mile round trip for me, which, when the weather is nice, I often take my bike.

I break the gun down and put the stock in a back pack, with the barrels/fore end in a gun slip, which again goes in the backpack.  My bag with cartridges etc goes on a small rack on the back of the bike.

Just wondered if anyone goes shooting on their bike and if so, how they carry their gun.  

Cheers

Pete
Shoudn't it be kept in one piece facing forward over the handlebars for the eradication of those with no lane discipline?  :wink:

Hi Chaps,

Cheers

Pete
In this part of the world it is the pillion passenger who carries the gun, this enables the rider to have full control of the machine as they hurtle through whichever shopping centre they  have chosen.  The passenger is then able to take his shot at whoever happens to be 'Dealer of the Day'.

I have seen a 'take down' type gunslip on the rear pannier thing and a full gunslip over the riders shoulder too.   Just stick with the Baikal though ! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Napier do a takedown which then folded out to a full slip..

https://www.napieruk.com/acatalog/Razorback-Smart-Slip-447.html#SID=31

However the normal razorback slip weighs a flipping ton, so not sure what this is like..
Jesus man!!  That's nearly 200 quid!!  If it had straps to carry it like a backpack, I might consider putting it on my birthday list, but 200 smackers is a lot of dosh.  Guess I'll be sticking with my backpack method for now.

I have to use my bicycle once a week to go shooting (range is 10km from where I live, and Denmark a bicycle friendly country, we bike for everything ). I use this https://www.helikon-tex.com/en_eur/tb-du8-cd-double-upper-rifle-bag-18-cordura.html i

Works quite good, I have the gun taken down and in in gun sock for both stock and barrels. The outer pockets can carry quite a bit ( 4x25 cartridges in each to give you an idea of size). The vest is rolled up and carried in the main compartment. The shoulder straps are quite good. They were actually the reason I picked this over some other models. They are padded and adjustable (and can be packed away when not in use).

On a motorbike I'm not sure it's a good solution, with wind drag and al,there you can probably find better models (try to look at hazard 4 brand, they have what the call a civilian lab line, not tacticool with and abundance of molle . They even make one looking like a guitar case) I took my GSX-R one time, and it was feasible but wouldn't want to do it for longer distances. And then there is the whole thing of if you crash  with some rather inflexible objects so close to your spine. 

Lars

Any farm quad place will sell an ABS gun case. A sort of plastic  cowboy horse scabbard , but totally enclosed. I looked at one for our old 300 Big Red.  If it would fit down the side of that it would certainly fit  (with a bit of knackling of bracketry)  onto that rather nice looking  Rocket III . Problem with them is though,  they just scream GUN ! . At least with your gun on your back you know  it's safe if you have to stop at the services etc. 

Funny enough saw a bloke at Bisley few weeks back who was on a motorcycle. He had a backpack designed for carrying a tennis racket. It was fully padded and the bit where the racket handle went was perfect for gun barrels. Big advantage was it looked like sports gear and not gun case.

There is a guy that shoots at our club who has made a device for carrying his gun on his bike. He has used a scrap topbox which he has cut to take a take down case he  made from ply and a bit of hardwood framing. I have a BMW GS and I am sure I could easily fashion a method of fixing my Perazzi carrying case to the topbox rack... just think using my car is way more convenient what with needing to take all the other stuff but do understand some lads just have their bike as transport. Have you thought about a leg of mutton case slung round your shoulder ?  :lol:

I saw a guy at Southdowns turn up with a gun on his bike, 

I'm sure he had it in a slip over his shouder ?

Why not get some lockable panniers, and break it in there ?

Latest posts

Back