Hello from Florida

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smjodo

Hello everyone.  I’m new to the sport although ive broken a few clays in my past just for recreation.  My son and I have our first formal lesson in two weeks with a gentleman you all may have heard of - John Woolley (he lives in Florida).  Also looking at Caesar Guerinis as a potential clay gun.  Any advice is more than welcome.  Cheers.

Hello and welcome to the Forum. You have made a good choice for your first gun,  BUT have you had the chance to try one  ?  Although they are a nice gun, I could not live with one. DO try some of the other makes around, BEFORE you part with your 'Bucks'.

Had my first lesson today.  Surprisingly, the Guerini was not the best fit for me.  As it turns our the Blaser f3 was spot on.  Will be picking one up soon.  Our outing today was a lot of fun.  Can’t wait to crank it up a notch.

So, in the spirit of sharing, I thought I elaborate a little more.  My son and I took several hours with a qualified shooting instructor.  I was intent in buying a CG, but due to my dimensions, face/eye structure and grip the F3 was really the best fit.  I didn’t want it to be, but it was and I couldn’t deny it.  Based on weeks of internet research I was convinced that a CG was for me.  In the end, I can’t express enough the value having proper instruction.  I’ve shot before recreationally with pretty good results (albeit years ago) and thought I had honed in on the winner.  My instructor was a CG dealer so I thought it was a forgone conclusion.  However, he said he would love to sell me a CG, but couldn’t do so in good conscience.  The F3 was just better for me.  After shouldering a f3, the CG felt like a 2x4.  Not disparaging CG at all - they’re beautiful guns but the F3 was just the right fit.  So, I would really recommend getting some instruction before buying.   You might be surprised..  

Last edited by a moderator:
Back