Clay Shooting Classic

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chesterse

I see the Classic is at Southdown again along with the Benelli Auto shoot. The Beretta World is at a new venue in Hampshire but still a 3 1/2 hour drive for me from Lincs.

Isn’t it about time these major competitions were rotated around the country a bit instead of nearly always being way down south?

I see the Classic is at Southdown again along with the Benelli Auto shoot. The Beretta World is at a new venue in Hampshire but still a 3 1/2 hour drive for me from Lincs.

Isn’t it about time these major competitions were rotated around the country a bit instead of nearly always being way down south?
As i live on the south coast.....NO :smile:

Stuart,

Do you still class the Classic as a major ??

Think it lost its way when they stopped using greenfield sites of the Brunton days!!

//

The English open, British open and the World champs are the only majors. The rest are just big commercial shoots that are run off the back off the CPSA class/classification system. 

There will be a new big shoot in the Cotswolds this year on a green field site game shooting event over 200 sporting , with a great line up of sponsors confirmed already 

before this there will be a 120 fitasc shoot at Westfield to be shot in one day also with a big prize fund 

more details will be out shortly 

Think a fair few on these events are bid for and not simply rotated around area by area, which (making a bid) would lend itself to market forces = southern part of the country being more likely to turn the promotor a sizeable profit. GMK - Beretta are based in Hampshire and most probably want to stay in own back yard. I might though be barking up a wrong tree in a off target forest. 

Southdown is just too far away from the Midlands, I did it last year - but vowed that I wouldn't entertain another trip there as the commute back was, and always will be, dreadful (I've worked in and around the Thames Valley for much of the last 30 years and know many shortcuts and traffic avoidance routes too). 

Back