Single vision glasses (short sighted)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannymac

Hi everyone, it's that time of year again and my wife is going to treat me to some shooting  glasses . I'm after recommendations for some single vision safety all in one glasses . Recommendations and advice mid price . I have varifocols ? That are tinted yellow and I find this ok. 

Cheers Dannymac

No varifocals for shooting, but I think you know. Get your distance prescription.. (or bifocals if you wish). Ed Lyons is the go to man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ed lyons.  I have been trying to contact your website and it keeps Cumming upinvalid email, I've tried 3 different ones. Here's my request I'm after single vision safety all in one glasses for shooting  , can you let me know what's available and price 

Cheers Danny Mcloughlin 

A word of caution - 6-7 months ago i had a pair made for shooting (distance), and doubling up as a driving pair in sunny/bright conditions.

Having just had my eyes tested again the other week because they started to make everything go blurry, i now DO NOT need them as my eyes have gone back to what they were before needing bloody glasses. 20/20 distance. Waste of money!!!!

Buy a pair which will take rx inserts is my advice - cheaper to change the lenses in them than a new pair specially made.

Thanks battue. I've been wearing glasses since I was 12 . Definitely short sighted,  no over night miracles going on here . I wish 20 20 dream.

Hello! Happy to help - apologies re the contact form, that's an odd one!

If you'd like to send me a copy of your prescription to [email protected] I can give you some advice/quotes etc.

As Will said, I make lenses for Pilla and Randolph Engineering which are at the premium end. Optilabs and Stewards do some very serviceable cheaper products.

I look forward to hearing from you

Ed

Having just had my eyes tested again the other week because they started to make everything go blurry, i now DO NOT need them as my eyes have gone back to what they were before needing bloody glasses. 20/20 distance. Waste of money!!!!
Hi Battue, that's interesting. Was the eye exam done at the same place? Sometimes these fluctuations can be associated with conditions like diabetes so it may be worth getting your blood sugar checked 

Back