What happened to the shootclay social?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean the possible shoot I mentioned a while back? I figured that an online forum has such a wide geographical membership that it would only ever serve a few and possibly annoy those that it didn’t work for, so didn’t press it.

Do you mean the possible shoot I mentioned a while back? I figured that an online forum has such a wide geographical membership that it would only ever serve a few and possibly annoy those that it didn’t work for, so didn’t press it.
So how did it work in previous years/year?

Could have a North and South one?

Feel like i may have said that before  :wink:

So how did it work in previous years/year?

Could have a North and South one?

Feel like i may have said that before  :wink:
AFAIK, the only previous events were “The Growler” started by Growl who used to be on here. That was some multi discipline event at Ian Coleys a few years ago. Then site boss Matt organised the Shootclay Cup at EJC, but that was a full on comp with good prizes and not a social thing as I recall.

I feel this could only happen with regional versions. Not sure it’s worthwhile. The people you might like to meet in the flesh from here likely live miles away..

AFAIK, the only previous events were “The Growler” started by Growl who used to be on here. That was some multi discipline event at Ian Coleys a few years ago. Then site boss Matt organised the Shootclay Cup at EJC, but that was a full on comp with good prizes and not a social thing as I recall.

I feel this could only happen with regional versions. Not sure it’s worthwhile. The people you might like to meet in the flesh from here likely live miles away..
Confusing different things....need another Shootclay Cup!

Confusing different things....need another Shootclay Cup!
Shootclay Cup was good, but despite the name, it really wasn’t a Shootclay event in any sense of members meeting up. I saw it as a good attempt at spreading the Shootclay brand name, plus it was a good shoot. 

It was a very good shoot, I vividly remember a following pair of driven targets off the high tower to this day...

It was a very good shoot, I vividly remember a following pair of driven targets off the high tower to this day...
It was wasn't it and I thoroughly enjoyed the day with my squad, got some photos somewhere.

the other forum does a north versus south every yyear for charity, pick a ground in the middle and away they go, Orston has held it more then once

I'd love to have tons of meetups - but there are a few obstacles in the way. 

1. Money - The ShootClay Cup was a great event, but a massive risk.  I just about wiped my face, I could have lost a load - especially if the weather had been poor.   This site costs me enough money each month.  I learned that supporters are not the same as support. 

2. Sponsors - not always as easy as you might think. 

3. Location - never the right location

4. Moaners - even after putting up a load of money and effort - I reckon the ShootClay Cup was a good event, with a good atmosphere. I  had still had people complain about something or other, and I still have a couple of shooters who personally abused me for things that didn't go their way.  I'm not as tough as the many ground owners that do this stuff week in week out,  and not prepared to have the level of abuse. 

5. Time - I still have a day job, you know - to pay the bills and stuff.... organising a big event, or even a charity event takes time that I don't always have. 

All of that said, the ShootClay Cup was beautiful - and sits in my loft, waiting for the right event. 

I'd love to have tons of meetups - but there are a few obstacles in the way. 

1. Money - The ShootClay Cup was a great event, but a massive risk.  I just about wiped my face, I could have lost a load - especially if the weather had been poor.   This site costs me enough money each month.  I learned that supporters are not the same as support. 

2. Sponsors - not always as easy as you might think. 

3. Location - never the right location

4. Moaners - even after putting up a load of money and effort - I reckon the ShootClay Cup was a good event, with a good atmosphere. I  had still had people complain about something or other, and I still have a couple of shooters who personally abused me for things that didn't go their way.  I'm not as tough as the many ground owners that do this stuff week in week out,  and not prepared to have the level of abuse. 

5. Time - I still have a day job, you know - to pay the bills and stuff.... organising a big event, or even a charity event takes time that I don't always have. 

All of that said, the ShootClay Cup was beautiful - and sits in my loft, waiting for the right event. 
Well I really enjoyed it and appreciate the effort you went to to make it a "special" event.  Met lots of people I had previously only conversed with on the forum.  Hopefully one day we will have a similar day.

Shootclay cup was bloody great,  :)

Fair play to Matt, he honoured his bet with me when i turned up  :D

I met loads of people from here, who are just as funny in the flesh, as on the keys. 

Moan and abuse,  what for, i dont think we could have got  better  ( Well the exit gun would have been nice ;)

Matt, name and shame, there going on the naughty list permaban! 

Yes it was a competition, and some of the presentations were world class,  some were hilarious  (the baby rabbit rolling down the bank . ) 

I blanked some stands  -  and i hit stuff i never thought possibe,  

Would i do it again,  tommorow at the drop of a hat.

Prehaps it could be done as a  proper social event.  Just select a ground and all turn up for a shoot  

:santa:

Latest posts

Back