CPSA life membership

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmokinn

So the time to renew my membership has come up again.

Although i dislike much of what they do there isn't a choice for me as i want to shoot registered competition and the only chance of influencing anything one iota is from the inside.

The question is are there any benefits apart from the financial ones should i live long enough?

So the time to renew my membership has come up again.

Although i dislike much of what they do there isn't a choice for me as i want to shoot registered competition and the only chance of influencing anything one iota is from the inside.

The question is are there any benefits apart from the financial ones should i live long enough?
I guess that as long as you intend to be shooting for 15+ years and you've got the cash spare, it makes sense.

It wasn't available when I joined in the late 70's, it would've saved me a few quid.

It was introduced some years ago when there was a cash crisis and lump sums coming in helped fill the coffers. Didn't do it then as didn't have the spare loot available.

Now I'm too old to see any financial benefit.

One could pay today and drop dead tomorrow - what a waste  :)

if they offered it here in Ireland i would probably take the life membership. makes sense if u can afford it . unfortunately not an option here 

I do not believe there are ANY other benefits apart from the financial ones.  I was a game shooter long before I ever shot at a clay target, I therefore joined WAGBI, as it was back then. I was paying under £20/year around 1970. After a few years I thought that I would probably be shooting for at least the next 20 years or so (I was 24 and recently married), so made the BIG decision to pay £150 in 3 annual instalments of £50. I am now turned 70 and still shooting. I dropped out of the CPSA last year as I no longer shoot comps. or Instruct on a professional basis,  there was no benefit in remaining a member.  The moral to a rather long winded story is,  IF,  you propose to continue shooting for at least the next 20 years or so, then do it. I do not know how much annual membership of BASC is now, but I believe I am on a financial winner.

Latest posts

Back