Will Hewland

Sporting Shoots; where- and how was it? (2018)

chippy

A rare Sunday off for me. Looked at the weather forecast yesterday and decided to give it a miss and iam glad I did, snow and then rain all day. 

DKGibbs

Who's going to AGL registered on Friday then?

Will Hewland
37 minutes ago, DKGibbs said:

That’s the plan. I’m down for College Wednesday and Owls Thursday too! College might get the chop from me due to weather..

Sian
38 minutes ago, DKGibbs said:

Me so if you can remember bring my cartridges 

DKGibbs
7 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

That’s the plan. I’m down for College Wednesday and Owls Thursday too! College might get the chop from me due to weather..

Some of us have to work occasionally ?

7 minutes ago, Sian said:

Me so if you can remember bring my cartridges 

Glen has them as I thought he'd see you at Churchills but he didn't.

He'll be at AGL too so keep an eye out for us. 

• Like 1

Will Hewland
41 minutes ago, DKGibbs said:

Some of us have to work occasionally ?

That’s precisely what I do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maxum
On 14/01/2018 at 5:55 PM, Will Hewland said:

I did the F1 shoot at Sporting Targets. Basically F1 teams in theory but we were the only dedicated clay shooters team, so won it but personally I would ban us.. ? Shot with Salopian and Maxus plus Growl! And another chap David. I missed HG by 1 clay, on a course with several firm stands, including a Long battue that never showed face I only hit once. Made a change to shoot there and as it wasn’t a sunny day, none of the targets were in the sun.. ?

Maxum 

8B1ACE20-7BCE-4420-AB50-D0B52D43642E.jpeg

Edited by Maxum
Add pic.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Will Hewland

College Farm yesterday and I was freezing, so didn’t shoot very well. A much nicer bit of weather today at Owls Lodge with some sun and lower wind; it felt like Barbados by comparison! Missed three longish crossers on stand 4 which felt odd, and missed a pair of rabbits because one jumped, which felt f**king annoying, so was happy to rescue a 92 on that card..

• Thanks 1

Salopian

I thought you Southerners had jumping Rabbits again and moved nearer long crossers?????? 96 seems like a good score.:eek::eek:     :wink::wink:

Will Hewland
31 minutes ago, Salopian said:

I thought you Southerners had jumping Rabbits again and moved nearer long crossers?????? 96 seems like a good score.:eek::eek:     :wink::wink:

96 would have been..

GlawsterOldCodger

Owls also, in squad witn Nick Portlock who shot high gun of 94, me a bit of a roller coaster shoot only with too few peaks and too many deep troughs, so much so Im considering not shooting again

Until Hornet & AGL tomorrow that is ?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Will Hewland
47 minutes ago, GlawsterOldCodger said:

Owls also, in squad witn Nick Portlock who shot high gun of 94, me a bit of a roller coaster shoot only with too few peaks and too many deep troughs, so much so Im considering not shooting again

I’m even crosser about my two rabbits now!

chippy
8 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

Are you not crosser about the crosser. And rabid about the rabbit.

Edited by chippy
  • Haha 1

Will Hewland
11 minutes ago, chippy said:

Are you not crosser about the crosser. And rabid about the rabbit.

I nearly did that joke. Saved me a job. ???

GlawsterOldCodger
33 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

Both Nick & Richard King dropped targets as in thier words “daft losses” so your not alone, despite my failings a quite enjoyable course one thought. 

• Thanks 1

Doug Pinnegar
16 hours ago, GlawsterOldCodger said:

How the other half live hey..... :wink:

P1Fanatic

Shot AGL this morning after not bothering at all last weekend due to the crappy weather. Was a few degrees warmer than the forecast and the sun was out so was feeling warm in just a t-shirt and jumper. Started early so was done by 10:30. Was a bit worried about my shoulder as pulled something in the gym last week and it’s tight - but seemed to hold up ok. First few stands were sloppy but managed to sort myself out and finish on 85. Was very happy to straight the driven midi stand as has been my bogey bird recently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bebo

Would have loved to have made AGL today, but want to save my leave for shooting in the summer.

GlawsterOldCodger
4 hours ago, Doug Pinnegar said:

How the other half live hey..... :wink:

Kettle - pot ? as it panned out just Hornet, another untidy effort on my part, managed to perplex the poor chap following me and in his words “ never before seen same person shoot so well to badly on so many stands”  he meant well as it was a line delivered with feeling and I do have a habit of losing the plot after a couple of pairs, would be A class if the shoot was 25 stands of just two pairs ? One saw Nick Portlock put in another 94, think he was 60ish straight and we were all “shrug” when his first loss came.

Is it sunday yet? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Will Hewland
3 hours ago, Bebo said:

Would have loved to have made AGL today, but want to save my leave for shooting in the summer.

Wheels fell off at AGL for me today. It was one of their firmer shoots but I dropped 9 in two stands! Then was a bit tatty elsewhere, so 83, worst score for a while. I don’t think a huge score will win it though.

• Thanks 1

Jeremy Baker
11 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

Wheels fell off at AGL for me today. It was one of their firmer shoots but I dropped 9 in two stands! Then was a bit tatty elsewhere, so 83, worst score for a while. I don’t think a huge score will win it though.

Shot it too 

Very badly 

New stock shoots a wee bit lower than old so missed all the rabbits and under their rising quartering stuff they like at AGL 

Will Hewland

Nick Portlock 96 at AGL, very impressive. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

Nick Portlock 96 at AGL, very impressive. 

Yeah, but that guy is a real AA shot .:cool:

Sian

AGL for me as well, much nicer weather than of late.  Stands 2 and 6 were my worst getting a 3 and a 4 respectively out of 8.  Also the high driven missing 3 of those although by the time I got to the 4th which I smashed I remembered to cant  my barrels as it helps me, tw*t.  Funny that today I managed the driven on I think it was stand 4 just missing the last one because by then I couldn’t believe I had actually hit the first three!  Those I actually did take as driven when I could have taken them as crossers.  The stand at the far end in the middle section stand 9 I think I missed 3 of the closer bird!  The further one wasn’t an issue although I missed my last one so in all lost 4/10 on that stand.  Finished well on stands 10, 11 and 12 didn’t drop any.  78 for me.

6 minutes ago, David Pettigrew said:

He’s a lovely person, a real gent.  He missed three of his four down the bottom.

• Thanks 1

GlawsterOldCodger
8 minutes ago, David Pettigrew said:

AAA and Nicks a very nice chap but please dont tell him I said so ?

• Haha 1