Sporting Shoots; where- and how was it? (2018)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

This is the new replacement thread for your Sporting shoot tales of triumph, mediocrity, disaster and anything of interest in 2018. Good luck! 

Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow, otherwise I'd be doing my first shoot of 2018 at EJC.  Horne Court Farm on Sunday it'll have to be (with a local practice on Saturday at Willow Farm).

Trying to decide whether Churchill's will be dry enough tomorrow, looks like wind will be a given but rather avoid the two together. 

1/1/18 Westfield was my first back after a break since September from Clays. 

Cold and wet reminded me of why I don't shoot clays in the winter. 

85 on the board so the stock fits, a few misreads as they don't look like the things I have been used to shooting. 

EJC registered today, that was a great course set to give you a chance in pretty windy conditions. I made a big conscious decision to stare at every clay, wherever it flew. Very happy with my 96 but I suspect it may not be enough, with the big talented crowd that turn up there.. Missed one on my last stand, sheer nerves as a new PB was at stake..

EJC registered today, that was a great course set to give you a chance in pretty windy conditions. I made a big conscious decision to stare at every clay, wherever it flew. Very happy with my 96 but I suspect it may not be enough, with the big talented crowd that turn up there.. Missed one on my last stand, sheer nerves as a new PB was at stake..
It's funny I watched you on several stands and every shot looked lucky.  :lol: :lol:

Not really, sorry I missed the chance to shoot with you and watch, would have been educational I'm sure. Reckon a good half dozen got away from me in that wind plus my PFS stock literally broke on the last stand with 2 pairs still to shoot.  :blink:  I heard something snap as I broke the first pair then having killed the next pair it became obvious something was very wrong, had to borrow a strangers gun to smoke the last two pairs and guess what stand 12 too.  :lol:

Just returned home from a nice day out at EJC...Caught up with a few friends & also a good meeting with Rob Fennick too !!

Reasonable course made trickier later on by the wind, Well shot to Will on his PB of 96...."MONUEMENTAL SHOOTING!!!!"  :cool: :cool:

Luck for Will that Kenny wasnt there tho .........   :D :D :D

EJC also, good job I wore a cap as might have lost the rest of my hair ?? indeed. Not before had every scorer offer the wise words “ these might be wind affected” . Our merryband of five (non famous) shot stands as 2-1 3-12, despite the battles againdt constant wobbly clays to try and hit and the ever dropping temp we stayed in goid spirits throughout. As a glass half full chap it was a nice afternoon out with chums, managed to find 67 which is par for me at EJC so in the conditions pleasing enough Im tellling myself, Joe Hale 90, he had three poor (by his lofty standards) stands and to still card 90 was top drawer.

96 there today was ??

3 clays clear of 159 shooters is AMAZING! What did you do to celebrate this landmark? 

Can you give me any tips on Shooting to this standard. Some people say it because you shoot the same grounds all the time but I stick up for you and say it can’t be just that! Some say you listen to a S-Club 7 while Shooting and that’s why your ear defenders are so big. Again I stick up for you and say I know you’re a Cliff Richard fan and wouldn’t listen to that rubbish. 

Any tips would be much appreciated not just from me but the 1000s of shooter following your shooting. 
Bizarre Chris. I shoot about 18 grounds per year, more than you for instance, so you bemuse me. I also have no idea why you even bring averages into this? I certainly didn’t mention it.

Look, I’m really not up for some playground brawl. (I nearly said bar room brawl, but you need to be way over 14 to do that). I am really happy to cease any discourse between us from this point forward. My only advice to you is to try and go through life with less hate and aggression, you have become a legend for this. With a calmer outlook you would be happier overall and guess what, your shooting would improve. Best wishes with it. Over and out.

3 clays clear of 159 shooters is AMAZING! What did you do to celebrate this landmark? 

Can you give me any tips on Shooting to this standard. Some people say it because you shoot the same grounds all the time but I stick up for you and say it can’t be just that! Some say you listen to a S-Club 7 while Shooting and that’s why your ear defenders are so big. Again I stick up for you and say I know you’re a Cliff Richard fan and wouldn’t listen to that rubbish. 

Any tips would be much appreciated not just from me but the 1000s of shooter following your shooting. 
He really must idolise you will his interest in your shooting and technique is unequalled,maybe if he changed from listening to the Comunards/Fine Young Cannibals he to could aspire to your dizzying heights  :lol: :lol:

It's almost like having Darkside back, but with sh*te grammar.
FlimsyNaturalBalloonfish-max-1mb.gif

Bizarre Chris. I shoot about 18 grounds per year, more than you for instance, so you bemuse me. I also have no idea why you even bring averages into this? I certainly didn’t mention it.

Look, I’m really not up for some playground brawl. (I nearly said bar room brawl, but you need to be way over 14 to do that). I am really happy to cease any discourse between us from this point forward. My only advice to you is to try and go through life with less hate and aggression, you have become a legend for this. With a calmer outlook you would be happier overall and guess what, your shooting would improve. Best wishes with it. Over and out.
No hate or aggression here Will. I’ve not mentioned a brawl or spilling your pint. I’m a fan and just happy to hear you are Shooting so well. 

As for opinions on me..... don’t believe all you hear. I’m a lovely bloke really. ? 

If you win the Worlds Will, you won’t be the first World Champion he’s rowed with, not sure if that makes you feel any better or worse? 

Standards must be really high today, I thought 96 (OK maybe 97 at a push - that rapid off the left shoulder and away pair robbed most people of 4-5 on its own :eek: ) would have been the score on a calm day, funny how the people who describe courses as easy/soft rarely shoot over 80 or win their own class. 

I too sound like a dick mostly but am quite nice in person.

Extremely well shot Will . It really makes no odds, hard shoot or easy shoot . To beat a quality field by 3 clays , especially nowadays , is a monumental achievement in anyone's book . I can forsee a hero facebook page coming ?  Put on it bizarre things like `future world English sporting champion` . Go round betting everyone you will shoot a 100 straight in 12 months  . Then dont cough up when....rather suprisingly....it doesnt happen . Nice to see Argun and Steve shoot well too .

Will had a great day, perhaps his best ever and all you can do is make snarky comments. So glad I'm not you!
Funny that......! When Will did it last week he said it’s a Forum and he’s entitled to his opinion. What’s good for the goose.......IMO  

Extremely well shot Will . It really makes no odds, hard shoot or easy shoot . To beat a quality field by 3 clays , especially nowadays , is a monumental achievement in anyone's book . I can forsee a hero facebook page coming ?  Put on it bizarre things like `future world English sporting champion` . Go round betting everyone you will shoot a 100 straight in 12 months  . Then dont cough up when....rather suprisingly....it doesnt happen . Nice to see Argun and Steve shoot well too .
? That’s Brilliant. Who said he’d do that?? 

Latest posts

Back