Willow Farm Shooting Ground

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian

I have looked at the website but can’t see if you are allowed to use plastic here?  Anyone know please.

Hi Sian

Shot there a couple of weeks ago and plastic was fine. Take some warm clothing though as it can get bl**dy cold???

Madmillie

Hi Sian

Shot there a couple of weeks ago and plastic was fine. Take some warm clothing though as it can get bl**dy cold???

Madmillie
Thank you.  THought we might go tomorrow and then do Horne.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do love a drive.. ?
Well got to try out my new tyres.  Coming home from Westfield yesterday hit a pothole, front and back tyres passenger side done in.  Didn’t see it in time and nowhere to bloody go to avoid it even if I had.  Luckily AA man was close by so no waiting around. Poor sod had to follow us home to retrieve his spare tyre.

Plastics fine (I shoot there pretty much every week and was there this morning).  It's on the edge of Romney Marsh, flat as a pancake and when it's windy it can be bitterly cold.

They'll have a 70 bird sporting competition on (they do every Sunday), 25 bird compact sporting comp and they've also been running a three-man 75 bird flush this week (great fun and group scored 74 on it this morning).

Be interested to see what you think of the targets etc.  It's my local ground and I've always thought that the target setting is quite imaginative bearing in mind the limitations of the topography.

Plastics fine (I shoot there pretty much every week and was there this morning).  It's on the edge of Romney Marsh, flat as a pancake and when it's windy it can be bitterly cold.

They'll have a 70 bird sporting competition on (they do every Sunday), 25 bird compact sporting comp and they've also been running a three-man 75 bird flush this week (great fun and group scored 74 on it this morning).

Be interested to see what you think of the targets etc.  It's my local ground and I've always thought that the target setting is quite imaginative bearing in mind the limitations of the topography.
Just realised it’s a long long way so will give it a miss this time 3 hrs is too far for 70 birds even for me.  I’ll get there one day though.

Sian,

I used to regular (say 4 or 5 times a year) make the drive when it had Oxney Skeet targets based within it as i wanted the quality NSSA skeet targets. It was similar to the distance you will have to do time wise - my route was M1, M25, M20 and then the back roads the last bit.

Ground is OK. Clubhouse is typical portacabin type thing with cafe type chairs. Serves hot drinks that are OK but as Oxney served free drinks i never bothered using the Willow Farm Clubhouse.

1). Hope you do not need the loo - they are slightly worse than usual shooting ground standard IMO.

2). Food - as you leave the ground (turn right) up the road is a little garden centre on the bend - eat there (bit pricey but miles better food).

3). Watch out for falling shot / debris - got hit a few times myself.

I would never bother for 100 targets - they needed to be holding an "event" for me to do 6hrs of driving. Minimum 200 targets. Sadly Oxney no longer uses the club as its base so i have stopped going. You will IMO likely have to drive past much better options on a 3hr drive to shoot it. 

Just realised it’s a long long way so will give it a miss this time 3 hrs is too far for 70 birds even for me.  I’ll get there one day though.
It is a long way for you.  Now you know why you don't see me at more of the reg shoots over your way. :wink:

Sian,

I used to regular (say 4 or 5 times a year) make the drive when it had Oxney Skeet targets based within it as i wanted the quality NSSA skeet targets. It was similar to the distance you will have to do time wise - my route was M1, M25, M20 and then the back roads the last bit.

Ground is OK. Clubhouse is typical portacabin type thing with cafe type chairs. Serves hot drinks that are OK but as Oxney served free drinks i never bothered using the Willow Farm Clubhouse.

1). Hope you do not need the loo - they are slightly worse than usual shooting ground standard IMO.

2). Food - as you leave the ground (turn right) up the road is a little garden centre on the bend - eat there (bit pricey but miles better food).

3). Watch out for falling shot / debris - got hit a few times myself.

I would never bother for 100 targets - they needed to be holding an "event" for me to do 6hrs of driving. Minimum 200 targets. Sadly Oxney no longer uses the club as its base so i have stopped going. You will IMO likely have to drive past much better options on a 3hr drive to shoot it. 
Thank you.   I have decided it’s way too far for 70 birds.  We were just trying to match something up with Horne tomorrow. .  Might go to Keston instead.

Thank you.   I have decided it’s way too far for 70 birds.  We were just trying to match something up with Horne tomorrow. .  Might go to Keston instead.
Won some money at Keston last time i went even though i shot pants,not the most inspiring targets  :frown:

Won some money at Keston last time i went even though i shot pants,not the most inspiring targets  :frown:
No I know I have been once many years ago but I thought as we were doing Horne we might as well.  They were not open in any event.

With the impending closure of Greenfields I'm looking for another venue. Do they (Willow Farm) open during the week, do they have the 'Clay mate' or similar or someone to 'press the button'?  Thanks  .................Abbey, Robin Hood, Greenfields who next?

The web site does not give indications of normal entry ie 50, 70 or100 birds (unless I missed it) and just the packages which are far too high

25 or 50 Clay targets

• Cartridges
  • Shotgun hire
  • Professional instructor
All inclusive price of £30.00 and £58.00 respectively.
(As from 01.03.18 £35.00 and £63.00 respectively)

Gift Vouchers Available

Open during the week, except Monday. No claymate but one of the people that work there will button for you (Beth, Karen and Paul are all good shots and have been known to impart the odd handy tip). Sunday is open competition, so all stands have scorers anyway.

They usually have 7 sporting stands open (8 on competition days). I think it's 23 quid for 70 bird sportingpractice. They also have a compact sporting layout and skeet.

Open during the week, except Monday. No claymate but one of the people that work there will button for you (Beth, Karen and Paul are all good shots and have been known to impart the odd handy tip). Sunday is open competition, so all stands have scorers anyway.

They usually have 7 sporting stands open (8 on competition days). I think it's 23 quid for 70 bird sportingpractice. They also have a compact sporting layout and skeet.
Thanks for that. May well give them a visit.

I'm usually there with my husband most Saturday mornings.  Happy to button and score for you if you see us there (I'm short, will be in a black windproof and a NLSD cap, OH is tall, green shooting coat and a brown felt hat).

I'm usually there with my husband most Saturday mornings.  Happy to button and score for you if you see us there (I'm short, will be in a black windproof and a NLSD cap, OH is tall, green shooting coat and a brown felt hat).
Hi. That is very kind of you. I'm a rifle shooter on Saturday mornings and I go to Greenfields midweek as there are very few people about and I don't have to constantly  console  myself with the fact I'm a better shot with a rifle than a shotgun.  But, thanks very much.....Jack

Latest posts

Back