The new 125 targets for women

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarsJ

Evening. 

With the ladies now shooting 125 targets, I came to wonder how you did before? 

The ladies here shoot 125 ( so we can fill more squads and so did junior men and women), and we shoot maybe 5 male and 1 other category. So in order not to have one missing in the squad after 3 rounds they shot the last 2 also. The first 3 rounds was what gave them their placement though (and never seen final in the non male categories, they are to few). Guess the above will be the norm come new year. 

But how did you do it. Strictly in your own category, or did you also mix it up? And let the non male categories shoot the last two rounds also? 

Lars

Last edited by a moderator:
The women's event was totally separate so that they would be unable to embarrass the men either by direct competition or comparative scores. 

I'm aware that the ISSF are not to keen on having an event where there is just one competition (weren't there a Chinese woman that beat the snot out of the males in in Barcelona games?). Maybe some male egos in play in the IOC/ISSF.  

I for one would like to see the events open, and instead of the female/male categories we could have more shotgun disciplines. 

I was just wondering how you did it in your own national leagues, when shooting registred shots and so on. (I don't know if you are from US Wonko? But do you often see mixed squads in your version of trap, that is  if you are American that is). 

What about you IPS, when you shoot DTL or similar? 

Lars

lars

trap, UT, ABT, DTL in the UK is shot on an equal footing as far as amount of targets and mixed sex squads. Of course ladies get there own category win on top of class win unlike middle age bloke who can only win high gun or class. Old bloke and junior are in same position as ladies in that they have an extra category too. OT is a case of ladies have there own separate comp aa someone decided they were not able to shoot 125 targets without being totally knackered so they do there own thing. Its all a total farce imo. Women and men of any age should imo compete on an equal footing. Anyway it doesn't effect me now as I am out of the competition scene for various reasons that I wont bore you with.

I concur in those views (guess the Danish ladies are a tougher breed, as mentioned before their category iwas decided after the first 75, but still shoot the last 50 for practicase/keeping the the 6 person squads.)  Simply not enough women shooting OT to fill a squad  :hmm: . 

But that's all history now, now they  shoot 125.

I agree with you category views, except for the ubder 16 and maybe plus 60/65. I almost choked on my coffee when we had the club championships in September. Shooting next to an elderly gentlemen (who shot quite good, think it was 22 or 23). We came of the line and chatted. His comment. Yes I can surely feel I'm not 75 anymore. What a perfect dry sense of humour that gentleman have  :smile:

Lars

yes ok I accept under 16 maybe under 18 but after that its all equal Imo. There are ladies and old blokes in uk that can kick ass against seniors. I wouldn't mind as much if there was a class for seniors but there isn't. Its bollox. Susan nattras (who incidentally I have had the honour to meet and have her autograph proudly framed in my gunroom) was prime example of a lady shooter who could out shoot the best of them on her day ?

We have.

Junior (20),senior 21-49,old boys 50-59,veteran 60-69, super veteran 70+. 

We should have junior (up to 18), senior up to 65, veteran 65+. Just my opinion though (and one can argue that the juniors should follow ISSF. The shoot against the seniors anyhow, again to fill the squads and all) 

Lars

I had an OT clinic with Susan and she is totally cool!

And, YES a WOMAN skeet shooter had the lack of proper respect and beat all the men like baby seals and with a PERFECT SCORE on top of it.  The IOC did everything but hire a hit man to try to cheat her outta the Gold but finally gave in and promptly separated the men and women in the shooting event.  Long before Barcelona I think - I found the ref  in the ISSF records site once but don't have a link.

I had an OT clinic with Susan and she is totally cool!

And, YES a WOMAN skeet shooter
I just don't get the idea that a woman could not shoot a clay target as well as a man... there is no embarrassment in that! The only problem with women involved in shooting is there are nowhere near enough of them doing it! If there was anywhere near parity in the number of women to man shooting there is no doubt in my mind that women would win a lot of the competitions. The problem is for every 90 men there are about 10 women competing.  I see very few ladies shooting down here, there is only one at my club, but I have seen one or two really good young girls shooting recently. If they continue to practice they could be very good in a couple of years.

Yes, one hopes but the ISSF and the IOC do not seem to have any interest in the shooting sports and likely would dump them in a heartbeat when the opportunity arises.

here's the history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Shan

Zhang Shan (simplified Chinese: 张山; traditional Chinese: 張山; pinyin: Zhāng Shān; born March 23, 1968) is a Chinese sports shooter and Olympic champion. She won the gold medal in the Olympic Skeet Shootingevent at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona. Zhang was born in Nanchong, Sichuan.[1][2]

This event was mixed, open to both men and women. Zhang Shan was the only woman to win a medal in this mixed event from 1972 to 1992. Zhang was not able to defend her title as the event was open to men only in 1996. In 2000 a women's Olympic skeet competition was added, and Zhang has remained a World-class competitor but failed to win any further Olympic medals. Zhang is currently in Sports Management in China and is part of the Chinese Shooting Team management for the Beijing Olympics. She has remained active in shooting competitions around the world. Zhang began her training in Chengdu, the provincial capital ofSichuan province.

lars

trap, UT, ABT, DTL in the UK is shot on an equal footing as far as amount of targets and mixed sex squads. Of course ladies get there own category win on top of class win unlike middle age bloke who can only win high gun or class. Old bloke and junior are in same position as ladies in that they have an extra category too. OT is a case of ladies have there own separate comp aa someone decided they were not able to shoot 125 targets without being totally knackered so they do there own thing. Its all a total farce imo. Women and men of any age should imo compete on an equal footing. Anyway it doesn't effect me now as I am out of the competition scene for various reasons that I wont bore you with.
Yes - quite the same here.  Don't want anyone to feel badly about the game so prizes for everyone.  The ATA has achieved the exalted level of Totally Absurd in that regard with even SUB-classes!!!

You don't have to comment - - I'm quite aware that the US is just about totally foooked in anything you care to mention but please don't.  It is already too embarrassing.

Charlie.

yep, everyone wins a prize or has a chance too except middle age bloke. Its daft and I have been very vocal about it in the past.

doesn't bother me now as nobody seems to count other folks pheasant ?

Charlie.

yep, everyone wins a prize or has a chance too except middle age bloke. Its daft and I have been very vocal about it in the past.

doesn't bother me now as nobody seems to count other folks pheasant ?
Of course they don't cos they're counted by two's and most shooters can't divide.  And besides a brace is meta-data and not a real number anyway.

:angel:  

Back