Jump to content
Will Hewland

EJ Churchill Challenge 2018. 2nd Jan - 31st March.

Recommended Posts

Will Hewland

So, the Churchill Challenge is back, bigger and better for 2018. I was pleased to be consulted as to how this event might be made even more appealing this year, so I hope you all like the look of it. The big difference is that there is a free finals day on 11th April.

See link for details, but I believe there will be more prizes added to those shown right now!

 

https://www.ejchurchill.com/churchill-challenge-2018/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
philmoss

Date of the finals will clash with the Essex Masters !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Hewland
2 minutes ago, philmoss said:

Date of the finals will clash with the Essex Masters !!

Essex runs for days Phil.. this is just a morning..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
philmoss

Yes....7 days this year to be precise, entries are filling up fast..shame of a date clash as no doubt some will be shooting at Hepworth when they could be in the final at EJC !!

Just saying !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Hewland

Why is it I recall my favourite Viz Character? Roger Irrelevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
philmoss

:bye::bye::angel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schmokinn
13 hours ago, Will Hewland said:

Why is it I recall my favourite Viz Character? Roger Irrelevant. 

Really your favourite character,Buster Gonad for me and his unfeasibly large testicles :lol:

Irrelevant to someone connected to Churchills maybe,there is a world outside High Wycombe.

Mind you won't affect me as i won't be in the final anywhere unless there is maybe one for the Wooden Spoon ;)

Edited by schmokinn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug Pinnegar

That sounds good and the change from handicaps is an interesting one!

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Hewland
14 hours ago, schmokinn said:

Really your favourite character,Buster Gonad for me and his unfeasibly large testicles :lol:

Irrelevant to someone connected to Churchills maybe,there is a world outside High Wycombe.

Mind you won't affect me as i won't be in the final anywhere unless there is maybe one for the Wooden Spoon ;)

Sid the sexist is actually my fave.. but anyway EJC has a great thing coming up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Hewland

Bump. Looking forward to my first attempt next week..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug Pinnegar

It’d be great to hear some feedback on the shoot. I’m looking forward to having a crack at this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Hewland
19 minutes ago, Doug Pinnegar said:

It’d be great to hear some feedback on the shoot. I’m looking forward to having a crack at this.

I gather some folk had a bash today. Good luck in that wind!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salopian

Mark Marshall, George Digweed , Will Hewland , Rob Fenwick .

Do you have to be overweight to shoot at EJ Churchill?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Westward
4 minutes ago, Salopian said:

 

Do you have to be overweight to shoot at EJ Churchill?

Mark has lost loads of weight lately. George not so much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schmokinn
6 minutes ago, Westward said:

Mark has lost loads of weight lately. George not so much...

Guess he found what Mark lost :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Hewland
2 hours ago, Salopian said:

Mark Marshall, George Digweed , Will Hewland , Rob Fenwick .

Do you have to be overweight to shoot at EJ Churchill?

I’d love to be as fat as Rob!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Hewland

That was a great course set to give you a chance in pretty windy conditions. I made a big conscious decision to stare at every clay, wherever it flew. Very happy with my 96 but I suspect it may not be enough, with the big talented crowd that turn up there.. Missed one on my last stand, sheer nerves as a new PB was at stake..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug Pinnegar
1 hour ago, Will Hewland said:

That was a great course set to give you a chance in pretty windy conditions. I made a big conscious decision to stare at every clay, wherever it flew. Very happy with my 96 but I suspect it may not be enough, with the big talented crowd that turn up there..

Was it the challenge you shot today or the reg shoot?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Hewland
4 minutes ago, Doug Pinnegar said:

Was it the challenge you shot today or the reg shoot?

Apologies! Wrong thread! That was the registered. Ignore. ? I’ve posted this elsewhere.

Challenge is next week for me..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Westward

Senior moment Will???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Hewland
5 minutes ago, Westward said:

Senior moment Will???

Wind blown..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filski

Is there a newbie class :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Hewland

Shot this this morning. A great course with a mix of stands (with on report followed by sim pairs) and sequences. Nothing dead easy but all sensible. The talking point was the driven flurry which is unusual, being automated and “random” although same for everybody.

it was pretty foggy for most of it which caused us some confusion I think, clays being visible but hard to place, so my score was nothing great at all, but I look forward to my next attempt (which is cheaper). Hopefully a nice clear day next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug Pinnegar
3 hours ago, Will Hewland said:

Shot this this morning. A great course with a mix of stands (with on report followed by sim pairs) and sequences. Nothing dead easy but all sensible. The talking point was the driven flurry which is unusual, being automated and “random” although same for everybody.

it was pretty foggy for most of it which caused us some confusion I think, clays being visible but hard to place, so my score was nothing great at all, but I look forward to my next attempt (which is cheaper). Hopefully a nice clear day next time.

Facebook memories popped up of our trip to shoot last years on 31st December I believe?

Looking forward to shooting this years format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Hewland
40 minutes ago, Doug Pinnegar said:

Facebook memories popped up of our trip to shoot last years on 31st December I believe?

Looking forward to shooting this years format.

Yes the fog reminded me of it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×