ShootClay Admin

Essex Masters 2018

donna

Cannot wait, booked in already.  BEST competition of the year in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

Sian
9 minutes ago, donna said:

Cannot wait, booked in already.  BEST competition of the year in my opinion. 

Me too booked in ages ago.  What day you shooting.  I think we are on Friday.

donna

We booked in as we left the shoot this year!!  Booked in for Tuesday morning.  

• Like 1

schmokinn

So Ben Husthwaite 100 straight on the Black course!! :eek:

PP
1 hour ago, schmokinn said:

So Ben Husthwaite 100 straight on the Black course!! :eek:

Wow! In the rubbish weather too!

Markh701

Bring your wellies

schmokinn
11 hours ago, Markh701 said:

Bring your wellies

It will have dried out by Sunday :wink:

Sian
1 minute ago, schmokinn said:

It will have dried out by Sunday :wink:

I see on Facebook today 4 x 4s parking on field and others on the hard standing.

Madmillie

Where can the latest scores be found online?

MM

ShootClay Admin

Traditionally the scores have been put up after a couple of days - at a link similar to this : http://www.essexgun.com/masters2018.html

For instance here are LAST YEARS ONLY : http://www.essexgun.com/masters2017.html

So - would be worth keeping your eye on that top link - i'll update if I see it. 

I've set up an alert if/when that page changes.

Madmillie

Thanks Matt.

MM

Rupert
2 hours ago, Madmillie said:

Where can the latest scores be found online?

MM

Simon Rodgers has a FB page with the pictures of the score sheets on

schmokinn

Apparently George had a gun malfunction :eek:

No automatic alt text available.

donna
7 hours ago, Sian said:

I see on Facebook today 4 x 4s parking on field and others on the hard standing.

Ah, well, even the 4x4s got stuck!  Saw a Range Rover have 6 attempts at getting out and had to be pushed out in the end!  They’ve put down the stuff to drive over but it’s so wet as you drive over them they’re moving and sinking!   Take wellies as someone else said, it is so muddy I can’t see it ever drying out!!  A couple of guys were going round all day throwing wood chips down which did help but on the black course the last half of course in some places was awful, they had placed the boarding down to walk over but as you walked, again they were sinking and you was up to ankles in it.  

Apart from that, again great targets, excellent reffing, nice and friendly atmosphere as always.  I hope it does dry out as it could be dangerous in some places and I would hate for someone to fall and injure themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sian

here is the first update from the 2018 Essex Gun Masters.   Please bear with us with the scores we will endeavor to update the list each night.   Here is the link you all have been waiting for ..............

http://www.essexgun.com/masters2018scores.html

from facebook

Jonny English

We shot this yesterday, good targets and nothing too out ragously hard. Car park in the field is terrible and the footpaths and stands are a mess. Definitely take wellies and be prepared to get your gun slip and bag filthy, just hope they don't get any more rain.

PP

Set to rain most of today, not raining here yet... (I live 20 minutes away)

Karl86

I shot it Tuesday and enjoyed it. 82 Black 85 red. Was 3 away after the first six on black the the red on stand seven didn’t see a hit on the long battue so walked off that stand with a 5 when it should have been a 6. Lost my head and dropped a further 4 on the next stand. Killed my card but shouldn’t have let it get to me. 

All in all and nice set of targets and well worth going. 

Jonny English
1 hour ago, Karl86 said:

I shot it Tuesday and enjoyed it. 82 Black 85 red. Was 3 away after the first six on black the the red on stand seven didn’t see a hit on the long battue so walked off that stand with a 5 when it should have been a 6. Lost my head and dropped a further 4 on the next stand. Killed my card but shouldn’t have let it get to me. 

All in all and nice set of targets and well worth going. 

Was it the ref with the board hung around his neck, if so we had several problems with him missing hits. Out of a squad of 6 people we had 4 hits marked as losses, I also had a dispute with him the previous year over the same sort of thing, someone noted to him I had hit one He marked as a loss, I didn't make a fuss but he refused to budge.

Sian

65 red and 69 Black.  Don’t know what was going on with me on the red course which we started with but the Black was all me not giving a toss.  Course was fine nothing wrong with it, I just had a really carp day.

balltrap
9 minutes ago, Sian said:

65 red and 69 Black.  Don’t know what was going on with me on the red course which we started with but the Black was all me not giving a toss.  Course was fine nothing wrong with it, I just had a really carp day.

What bait were you using !

Edited by balltrap
  • Haha 1

Sian
2 minutes ago, balltrap said:

What bait was you using !

Obviously not the right one.

Tim

I'm shooting this tomorrow morning, today is supposed to be sunny but it's light grey cloud here as far as the eye can see, but it looks like it'll stay dry. Looking at the BBC weather forecast I'll be lucky if it stays dry tomorrow though.  I haven't got a 4x4 but I have got some wellies.

Rupert

Wife Brian Clegg and myself,leaving in 90 mins to meet the rest of our squad on the A14 at 12.15