Beretta World 2018 - new venue - 6th to 8th July

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
GMK are pleased to announce that in 2018 the Beretta World Championships will be moving to a new venue, Farleigh Wallop in Hampshire.

Conveniently located close to the M3 and sitting at the heart of a 4000-acre estate, Farleigh House has been owned and tended by the same family since 15th Century and will provide a stunning backdrop to the event, which will be held from Friday 6th to Sunday 8th July 2018.

The 2018 competition will consist of 120 targets shot over 15 stands.  As with the last couple of years, squads will either start on stand 1 or stand 9, finishing at stand 15 or 8 respectively.

Full details in the attached file. 

View attachment Beretta World Sporting Championships 2018-Dec 17.docx

i maintain that GMK are the biggest bunch of clowns in the whole shooting arena.

Just completed our Beretta world entries and the message received is

Benelli SP'Auto Order complete

i maintain that GMK are the biggest bunch of clowns in the whole shooting arena.

Just completed our Beretta world entries and the message received is

Benelli SP'Auto Order complete
I got that and panicked as I don’t have an auto!!!   I’m hoping for better things this time round.

Plastic or fibre?
Fibre.

Does it really matter,performance between plastic and quality fibre is negligible these days?

I got that and panicked as I don’t have an auto!!!   I’m hoping for better things this time round.
I would lend you one but someone else has dibs already,you should borrow one the Benelli is a great fun shoot.

Fibre.

Does it really matter,performance between plastic and quality fibre is negligible these days?

I would lend you one but someone else has dibs already,you should borrow one the Benelli is a great fun shoot.
I’m a bit fussy though.  What’s the likelihood of someone having a 28” barrel, adjustable stock Auto to lend me? ?. Oh and don’t forget 13” stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m a bit fussy though.  What’s the likelihood of someone having a 28” barrel, adjustable stock Auto to lend me? ?. Oh and don’t forget 13” stock.
I have some rocking horse crap for your roses !

Mary Thornett apparently emailed GMK to ask who was course setting and apparently they have said same one as last year to anyone who is interested.

Mary Thornett apparently emailed GMK to ask who was course setting and apparently they have said same one as last year to anyone who is interested.
That would be Peter Corney then i think he has done the last 3 or 4 at Hollywell and last year did seem a little different.

I heard a fair amount of discussion about last years targets and i did think a couple were a little silly but then again i probably wouldn't have had i hit them  :angel:

That would be Peter Corney then i think he has done the last 3 or 4 at Hollywell and last year did seem a little different.

I heard a fair amount of discussion about last years targets and i did think a couple were a little silly but then again i probably wouldn't have had i hit them  :angel:
I think colour use was a bit off last time.  They couldn't use too many colours as I recall but we had two green coming through some woods as a sim pair and you had to hit them before some trees that they didn't want damaged and it was just a really irritating stand for a lot of people I think.  Wasn't there also a stand in the bottom fields where I think the ref was so pissed off because he had trouble seeing them never mind the shooters.  There were a few stands of difficulty together but in honest I actually enjoyed those.

Won’t be going. They had their chance over the last 2 years to impress and failed in my opinion. Better places to spend your money. 

Won’t be going. They had their chance over the last 2 years to impress and failed in my opinion. Better places to spend your money. 
Well hopefully they will be less restricted on what they can do at this venue i did enjoy last year just a couple of silly stands i thought.

what i would really like to see is better hospitality and a variety of trade stands although Greenfields always make a good effort.

Latest posts

Back