New Trap Motor

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody

Hello.

I have a Promatic Osprey trap circa 2010.  It developed an electrical issue one day and burnt the motor out.  I've taken the motor to a local company that restores them and his professional diagnosis is it is fubar'd.

Before I get a new one from promatic for £250, which i'm happy to do because the trap is worth too much to not repair, is there anyone selling second hand trap parts?  Like a scrap yard for clay traps?

Or, does anyone know of a company selling electrical motors direct to the public?  I might find that they are cheaper when buying direct.

Cheers.

All the trap motors are supplied to trap manufacturers at a reduced cost (due to volumes ordered) & will not usually supply a one off !!

Unusual that the motor has burnt ou on that type of motor, have you checked the carbon brushes which are a serviceable unit on that type ?, its the same motor as Ranger/Falcon 6 !

Alternatively get a second opinion..i have had a few motors overhauled (usually supersporter type)

I may have a old motor in one of my containers

Latest posts

Back