Salvinelli London over & under shotgun Help

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian-D

Hi everyone need help just got my 1st licence so i am out to buy a new/secondhand gun so i went looking to buy a beretta silver pigeon or the browning 525 or at a push 725 but i was offered this Salvinelli London over & under shotgun list price £3.5K can't afford that but the guy in the shop said i could have it for £1.7K i can afford that but because i had never heard of them i was a bit wary so i left and have had a google and i can only find it in a couple of shops for £3.5K so am i looking at a gift horse in the mouth or am i right to be wary, I have found out that this gun was made for the 2012 olympics and won a lot of competitions at the olympics and since so anyone know anything about this gun it is really nice to look at and feels nice too also it is brand new not secondhand i did manage to find a couple of reviews out other Salvinelle guns they where glowing so over to you peeps Help!!

Hi everyone need help just got my 1st licence so i am out to buy a new/secondhand gun so i went looking to buy a beretta silver pigeon or the browning 525 or at a push 725 but i was offered this Salvinelli London over & under shotgun list price £3.5K can't afford that but the guy in the shop said i could have it for £1.7K i can afford that but because i had never heard of them i was a bit wary so i left and have had a google and i can only find it in a couple of shops for £3.5K so am i looking at a gift horse in the mouth or am i right to be wary, I have found out that this gun was made for the 2012 olympics and won a lot of competitions at the olympics and since so anyone know anything about this gun it is really nice to look at and feels nice too also it is brand new not secondhand i did manage to find a couple of reviews out other Salvinelle guns they where glowing so over to you peeps Help!!
I have never heard of them. I’m no gun geek, but if I haven’t then neither will many others, so just tricky to sell it in the future? That’s why it is discounted now.

London Olympics are not sporting disciplines, so is it a trap or skeet gun? Are you a Sporting shooter? Never lose sight of buying the right gun for its intended use. And of course, regardless of everything else, you need a gun that fits about right, so that’s the main thing. Does it? If you are a newbie you won’t be able to tell. Beware the bloke who wants to sell it telling you that it does..

I would stay away. Get a a good used Beretta or Browning. You will want to change guns after a year anyway..

Last edited by a moderator:
Salvinelli in the UK are promoted through Chris Potter's in Tunbridge Wells.  There are a few good shots in Kent using them (presumably because they are being sponsored to).  I think all the Salvinelli guns they cover are sporting guns, rather than trap or game.

Guntrader has 12 of them listed.

They are lovely to look at but the trade are wary of them so if you buy one plan to keep it for ever.

Thanks Will Bebo and Wylye my instinct was to leave and not buy it because i had never heard of them but i am very new to shotguns air rifles have been my thing up to now, I will keep looking for a Beretta or Browning cheers guys

And why is the trade wary??? Something to do with poi ???

Ask yourself why it's £2k off.

Jasper.

They have been around for a while, but not seen many.  Problem is, if the Dealer can chop that much off,  WHAT would it be worth if you decided to part ex it at some later stage  ?  At least with a more well known brand, bought used, you would expect to get back almost what you gave for it.

I think the model a few years ago was the 'Monza' and they offered an array of stocks to help you find one that fitted !

i believe arron Harvey shoots one  , very well too !      not seen many about though .  

It depends very much on the actual gun itself, the name/brand is fairly unknown here but as Bebo mentioned they're currently being quietly but steadily promoted. I have handled one or two of the new models and they seem fairly Perazzi like if a tad less classy in places, I have little doubt they will shoot well enough. Once we know the exact spec of the one you've been offered as well as its condition and likely wear/use then we can make a guesstimate as to its value but I doubt £1700 is too far off the right price point, I have been tempted by them before when they seemingly retailed for less than £3k new but the then importer was hopeless. 

Thanks guys going to stick to the usual suspects Beretta/Browning they will be easier to sell or part ex when the time comes 

They have been around at least 20years! Pete Dennett shot on when he started! Copy of a Perazzi as was a Arammberri!

Quick update  bought a Beretta 690 black sporter i have only had it about 7 weeks but up to now very happy thanks for your help guys

Thanks Westward couldn’t justify the extra £s for the 692 and I believe is the same or at least very similar action I have shot the 692 and honestly couldn’t tell the difference if there is one

Congratulations on your new toy, do you mind telling me what dealer offered you the Salvinelli, message me if you don't wish to say here. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back