Perazzi Hi-Tech ??

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squimp

Has anybody here have any experience of the new (ish) Perazzi Hi-Tech.

The company claims that the wider/heavier receiver and the new barrel configuration actually reduces felt recoil......

The gun also has an unusual rib design - wider at the muzzle end of the barrels.

As somebody who suffers with recoil, I'm always on the lookout for ways of minimising the impact.  

Any constructive comments gratefully received. 

Any claims regarding recoil are always subjective and person dependant.

Shot a few with one directly after my own gun and i didn't notice any difference in recoil but then i am a big lad.

Physics tells us that if it weighs the same and fits the same it will 99% certain feel the same.

If you go to Perazzi and have a custom stock no doubt it will feel better through better fit.

Have you had your gun fitted to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Weight of gun, weight of ejecta, speed of ejecta dictates recoil  - nothing you do to a gun regarding its rib, receiver girth or barrel internal dimensions will change the basic laws of physics. Yes of course we have other variables such as the undoubted benefits from having it fitted or at least tuned to recoil correctly (big subject in itself) for your physique etc, as well as other precautions such as a half decent recoil pad but these fall into a secondary category, the third and final category is to investigate whether you'd benefit from mechanical recoil reducers, these don't reduce actual recoil but spread the pulse over a longer (albeit rapid) time span but they make a significant difference. 

Always grin and move on when you read about chokes profiles made to reduce recoil or special steel used that will do likewise or over boring etc, etc, if you want to reduce recoil you need first appraise the weight of your gun and speed/charge of your shells. You will never make a poor initial combo recoil sensibly with fit alone. 

I had a go with a HiTec a few months ago. Didn't notice the rib, weight or receiver width at all.

Nice gun to shoot, in fact I would say without hesitation it's the nicest gun I've ever shot. As for recoil I'm not very recoil sensitive, but as it was a warm day I was in shirtsleeves yet didn't notice the recoil either way - and they weren't girlie shells either.

Even as a Perazzi fan-boy it seems that the so-called HiTech is the answer to the question that no one asked - - - like several other recent "innovations".  I'm also still searching for the "high tech" part.  I guess I'm just not with it these days.  The curse of old age.

Nearly time for Arsenal v Manchester United so I best be getting prep'd for that hahaha

I too was interested in the HI Tech and I managed to borrow one and I shot approx 350 through it in the day.  It is definitely better on recoil.  I normally shoot a Perazzi MX12 which is fitted with an ISIS recoil reducer,  but after shooting the HiTech I had no recoil problems whatsoever.  I was so impressed with it I ordered a new one but it won't be ready until June.  The one I shot was a 32 inch HiTech S with 3/4 and 3/4 in it using RC2 28 grams.   If you can borrow one I think you will be impressed.  I hope this helps. 

Bought a secondhand gun with isis recoil reducer already fitted several years ago impressed so much if I bought another gun I would definitely have one fitted.

Thanks for all the replies, particularly to Phil.

Yes I have had my gun fitted and yes I do use Isis recoil reducers and they are a great help, particularly with fairly serious game shells.

PS Arsenal are rubbish.

Back