Rx inserts

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarsJ

Hello 

I'm getting some glasses with an Rx insert. Although I might try to see if contact lenses work out for me beforehand (easier with a lot of the other activities I do).

Since I'm far from any opticians with specific shooting services and I need the Rx, I need to be able to explain to the optician what needs to be done. My thoughts are : Bring the frame and glasses, including the Rx inserts to the optician along with the gun (will ring the optician first to see if they are ok with that of course). And then in the shop mount the gun, as I would on the range, so the can  figure out what to do (im thinking im looking at the part of the glasses that are towards the top). Is this going way overboard, or a good idea?

Lars

I don't think you really need the gun, just mimic holding it. The basic thing with standard glasses is that they need to sit a lot higher on the nose than usual. so you must have the facility to adjust a nose piece accordingly.

Thanks.

I can adjust it all my self (C mask 2 from Castellani).

I have the same glasses with inserts, they are easy to fit in, but fiddly if you have big hands but done them fairly easily. When you get the prescription done, ask for the "PD"  number. I then got the inserts done in New York (sent copy over via email),  paid and received them within a week or so.  I have bifocals too and had no problems whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back