About time plastic wads were banned ..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upsetting article in today’s Times, surely there is no real justification for plastic wads.
There is if you want the sport to survive. With the possibility of lead bans in the future the prohibition of plastic wads would have a very significant impact on the sport.

What's more, there's no need for a ban. Plastic is cheap to manufacture and can be collected and recycled easily (as happens at many overseas grounds).

Last edited by a moderator:
More media bull probably from some anti shooting idiot.

Should ban the media from propagating bullsh*t..would be of far more benefit to the world than banning plastic wads!

No extended cartridges, no plastic wads ......

I’ve been using 32g 6 in fibre for this years game shooting, the birds don’t know the difference, even through my ultra accurate clay gun.  

Prefer plastic for clays still.

There are plentiful other far more polluting aspects in daily life that could be improved upon which would have far more impact.

We so need a material that decomposes, but from which a conventional plastic type wad design can be made. Best of all worlds. It has to be out there somewhere. Can’t believe cost is an issue if it was a huge volume production. 

I remember the now defunct Kent Champions which got taken over by Gambore producing a degradable plaswad but it never took off, have always wondered why. GD used to be sponsored by them and I myself used them for years.

Exactly my thoughts, will,must be a reason why not ,somebody in the cartridge trade would be in a position to know.

There are plentiful other far more polluting aspects in daily life that could be improved upon which would have far more impact.
Correct, how many millions of plastic bottles get dropped on the ground every day....

Looks like a nascent industry here - Introducing the Sensational WAD VACUUM !!!!   Also provides grounds owners with a wonderful new source of revenue charging shooters for collecting hazardous waste material.  

Seldom see these days such a broad economic potential in penalizing an unprotected segment of society.  Particularly since there is absolutely no basis whatsoever for a ban - - just like the knee jerk lead shot ban.

I remember the now defunct Kent Champions which got taken over by Gambore producing a degradable plaswad but it never took off, have always wondered why. GD used to be sponsored by them and I myself used them for years.
Biowads ? Used them in Kent Chargot game cartridges ,an excellent performer !

http://www.ecowad.com/Home.html but nobody seems to use them?

http://www.clay-shooting.com/features/shooting-without-trace/ these are definitely around but at a premium

States they are fine in the damp but don't swim well ;)

and another https://www.greenopsammo.com/pages/technology

and another https://www.grafs.com/catalog/product/productId/3274

So thats 5 companies easily found who manufacturer biodegadeable wads....one uses them in its own cartridges WTF uses the rest and why aren't the premium manufacturers using them?

A  local gentleman has developed a totally biodegradable synthetic wad that is exactly the same to look at as a plastic wad .

He gave samples to Hull , Gamebore , Eley and BASC .

All  of them have showed very little  interest  at all .

Hull said they did have an alternative but it was cost prohibitive .

IF our Governing bodies decreed we all had to use fibre it would be job done , if we all had to shoot 21gram or 24 gram it would be less pollution .

So you have to ask yourself who cares?

A  local gentleman has developed a totally biodegradable synthetic wad that is exactly the same to look at as a plastic wad .

He gave samples to Hull , Gamebore , Eley and BASC .

All  of them have showed very little  interest  at all .

Hull said they did have an alternative but it was cost prohibitive .

IF our Governing bodies decreed we all had to use fibre it would be job done , if we all had to shoot 21gram or 24 gram it would be less pollution .

So you have to ask yourself who cares?
+1

Or they could decree that we use Pea shooters and Balloons as targets.

I don't get this lets be holier than though theme  at the expense of destroying the activity we enjoy.  :suicide: .

Back